Pages

Sunday 25 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? The Pope and the Ninja

The Pope and the Ninja.
The author likes to post it at night. Anyway, I manage to finish translate it.

And, one more thing, I don't have any plan in translating another novel now. But even if I want to take a new project, I will take a novel that's not translated yet. To be honest, I have an interest to translate a novel named 転生したら剣でした/I was a sword when I reincarnated (Not sure whether it has been translated or not). Well, it all depends on my time.


The Pope and the Ninja

「And, the Ogre disappeared into the Demons territory. Happy ending」
「It's not happy. After all, the Ogre was not killed」

I told that to the boy in front of me.
I look at his state.
The boy stuffs his mouth with the cake comfortably.
Although the age shows the appearance suitably, the inside should not match the appearance.
After all, this boy is a reincarnated person.

「And so, in your view, was that Ogre a reincarnated person?」
「I don't know. After all, I was attacked before I can talk to it」

The boy who's present name is Sajin, and it's said that he's previous life's name is Kusama Shinobu.
Sajin has a unique skill called 「Ninja」, and it has the ability specialized in information gathering and assassination.
Therefore, I let Sajin to contact the Ogre that's suspected to be a reincarnated person.
The result is negotiation failure.
Rather that that, it's said that it was not even a negotiation.

「I was almost killed. Is that guy really a reincarnated person?」
「I had you to contact it in order to confirm it」

The unique individual Ogre that appeared near the border of the Demons territory and the empire.
The combat ability that far exceeds the ordinary Ogre, the wisdom to set traps to annihilate the adventurers, and above all, the unknown skill that creates Magic Swords.
Even only with those fragmentary information, it can be said that the possibility that the Ogre is a reincarnated person was high.

The reincarnated people have some other inborn unique skills that others don't like Sajin's Ninja skill.
That skill and the n%I=W skill that the effect is still unknown.
These two are the proofs of reincarnated people.

Sajin's existence is large that I noticed the fact.
Sajin was born as the son of my dark side subordinate that I control directly in the Divine Word Religion.
Although it's normal to not appraise unless a certain age is reached for the nobles in other countries, the child born in the dark side are appraised early and the ability is measured regularly.
The Appraisal was used in order to understand the state of the newborn child, and the abnormality of Sajin was discovered at that time.

He was born with a large amount of skill points that's normally impossible.
And, he possessed two skills by birth.
Moreover, both were skills that I had not seen before.

I used the Ruler authority immediately, and confirmed the details of the skill and whether there are other existences that have the similar skill.
As a result, it was confirmed that there were as many as two babies who had the n%I=W skill in my own country other than Sajin.

It might be some kind of fate that one of them was abandoned to the church.
I stationed my subordinate under the direct control in the church, and gave the order to start monitoring and guard.
At the same time, I placed the monitoring and the guard on the another one secretly.
If I think, I might have already sensed some kind of omen at this time.
That changed into conviction when Potimas who's the chief of the Elves came and demanded to hand over the children who have the n%I=W skill.
Saying that the children who have this skill will give a big influence to the world.

The Elves move means that it's that much.
Those guys won't move by slight matter.
When those guys move, that's when the world moves greatly.
The children who have the n%I=W have the value for it.

And, it became clear when Sajin came to be able to talk even though it's baby talk.
Something called the reincarnated people told from Sajin's mouth.
It was a shock.
The humans of a different world are reborn in this world.
Is there such a thing?

What can be thought is the existence of the High Rank Administrator.
The system constructor who's existence is higher than Kokuryuu-sama.
The existence that exists in a far-off place that's only known as the code called D.
The reincarnated people might have been sent into this world by that person's intention.
I can only think that way.

Otherwise, the existence to have inborn skills and skill points is impossible in the system.
If they were born without an intention, that means that an important defect has been generated in the system.
It's impossible if I see Kokuryuu-sama's state that I encountered some time ago.
If such a serious problem had occurred, there's no way that person will leave it.

「Old man, don't go for a trip」
「Oops, sorry. When I think about something, I neglect the surroundings unconsciously」

That was bad.
Was it the talk about the Ogre?

「Whether it's a reincarnated person or not. Anyway, the Ogre will be killed if it's in that condition. The empire's judgment to push it to the Demon is not wrong if it's beyond the human's control」
「I wonder. That Ogre is dangerous. Can that be killed?」
「It seemed that the assault of the two prominent users didn't even kill it in the report. But, it escaped means that it might have been cornered. That means it's not a monster that can't be killed」

However, it's only the fact in the present stage.
The growth rate of the reincarnated people is simply abnormal.
I can understand it well if I see Sajin.
He originally has the unique skills and high skill points by birth, and in addition, because he grows up mentally, he understands quicker than normal child.
Even though he's still a child, he has the ability at the same level as the adult who has accumulated special training.
If he grows up at this rate, he would acquire the power to the extent that normal Humans can't compete with him.

The same thing can be said to the Ogre if it's a reincarnated person.
Moreover, Sajin's growth is no match for the degree of the Ogre's growth.
It has the ability that can escape from the prominent users of the empire at present.
If it's the empire elites, even one person can kill a monster of the danger degree, B class.
That didn't matched with it means that the Ogre's danger degree is at least A class.
When thinking about the growth in the future, it might be dangerous if more time passed.

「If the Demons will kill it, I have nothing to say. If possible, I prefer that it can inflict damage to the Demons before it's subjugated」
「Will it go so conveniently?」
「If it doesn't go well, that time is that time. That's all for the Ogre's matter. Let's process our matter」
「Okay. Enemy-san is hooked to the bait」
「That's good fortune」
「Now, I pray that Ogiwara would do well」

There are two reincarnated people who I protected.
Sajin and the orphan named Yurin.
And, the another one, the boy called Ogiwara Kenichi who's present name is Ugio is placed under observation.
I took contact with this Ugio secretly and instructed the technique of intelligence.
And, he was drove out of the country taking the appearance that the family moved outside the country.
In order to show a chance.

Ugio who was not monitored anymore was kidnapped by the Elves.
Although I bet half that it will fail, apparently, the Elves are obsessed to the reincarnated people.
I can only think that they kidnap him taking the danger into account.
It's convenient for us though.

「I hope that it would go well」

Even though it's to investigate the internal conditions of the Elves, Ugio will have to cross a dangerous bridge.
If something happens, it will worsen the aftertaste a little.

「If it's Ogi, he can handle it flawlessly」

Although I feel relieved to Sajin's light tone, I prayed that the other reincarnated person sneak into the Elves' inside well.

70 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chapter!
    Ninja!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember someone translating that novel!

      Delete
  2. judging from how sophia has known dustin is there some collaboration somehow between demon and divine world religion where that ninja has no information about ?
    ah sophia know the guy capability so perhaps they do interacting at some point. poor shun just played on the seashores while people warring so hard with a warship in the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ninja boy knows about it.
      He seemed to know that the spell was fake and wasn't the real thing that destroyed the barrier.

      And Sophie and knew his name meaning that she's probably met him

      Delete
    2. In fact judging by how ninja boy was talking during the elf war either the pope is working with the demons or Ninja boy is at least collaborating with them on his own.

      Delete
    3. I remember Sophia saying "uncle something will handle the matters on the human side", or something alike, and later it was revealed that it was the name of the pope.
      It's very likely that there is a collaboration, at least against the elves. And after all he said earlier that if Ariel alone move against humanity, they are doomed. So if you add Sophia, the oni, Gyurigyuri and Shiraori, making him collaborate in the shadows shouldn't be a problem (probably with the condition that humanity won't be totally annihilated).

      Delete
  3. lol i thought for a moment that the pope was a ninja...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ninja pope! Lurking within the shadows in the name of god! Spying like a true believer!

      Delete
  4. @joshuakjx
    i think it's better to wait to update one chapters per day that is yesterday chapters so it doesn't make you stay up all night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed, @joshuakjx we're grateful for your work and the time you spent to translate this novel. But you should just take it easy and dont push yourself too hard

      Delete
    2. If it's okay with you, then I will take up the offer. That means there won't be a chapter today.

      Delete
  5. >Moreover, the degree of the growth is no match for Sajin.

    Is it "no match" or "a match"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This^
      "no match for" means that it's inferior
      "a match for" means that it's pretty much equal.

      It would be better to say "Sajin's growth is no match for the degree of the Ogre's growth."

      Delete
    2. But from the way he was talking it sounds like the opposite. Because while Sajin is already at an adults level the Ogre's growth is already beyond elite.

      So it sounds like it should be more like "The degree of growth is too fast even compared to Sajin." or something like that

      Delete
    3. That's what we're saying. Kyouya's growth outmatches Sajin's, but the translation made it sound like the opposite.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the chapter~
    Stay healthy~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And here was me wondering about the ninja. My guess is that he becomes a double agent, like, he goes to the demons territory to oversee the ogre's situation and is captured and goes to their team.
    Thanks for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doesn't seem like it. Shiro's group was actually relying on Dustin to take care of the fallout from Yuugo. That suggest that they may have been collaborating to take down Potimas by that point.

      Delete
  9. Thx for chapter
    And the new novel isn't being translated

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since you caught up to the author, will you consider picking up another series or will you just stick to this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you even read this chapter?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  11. >I prayed that the another reincarnated person sneak into the Elves' inside well.

    Oh don't worry. They will.
    Moreover, rather than sneaking, it's more like surprise, mothafvcka~!! (Shiraori & Co.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was actually suppose to be other.

      "I prayed that the other reincarnated person sneaks into the elves' inside well."

      or something more grammatically appropriate than that. So he's still referring to tortured boy.

      Delete
  12. *kage bunshin no jutsu*
    [ [ [ [ [ Thank you for the chapter! ] ] ] ] ]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the chapter.

    That title for the potential novel sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it sound interesting so translate it please (I was a sword when I reincarnated )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legend dates back to the 12th century.
      Excalibur. Excalibur. From the united K I am looking for heaven I'm going to California. Excalibur. Excalibur! Excalibur!!

      Delete
  15. I don't want to read about old men who smugly make plans out of sight and such. I can only hope the pope and elf chief get what's coming to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pope isn't the bad guy though...

      Delete
    2. Really? Based on the way the Divine Word religion and the Goddess fought, I'd say the pope IS the bad guy. (Unless there is a mass internal corruption scheme which hasn't been revealed yet).

      Delete
  16. Ninja pope! Lurking within the shadows in the name of god! Spying like a true believer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now I seriously want those two sides to meet (pope and Ariel).
    I can see it right in front of me, Ariel's doyagao as she shows off the fact that she has a reincarnated person who has become a god on her side.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Ogre-boy has been successfully lured into the demon territory. Based on the order of his skill tough he will go back and forth between the demons and humans at least once. What a complicated career...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think.... it's time to read again from the beginning!!!!!!! WAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!

    Also, I admire the potential for tsukkomi in the sword reincarnation story...

    Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The reincarnated as a sword story seems interesting. I can't say I have ever read a story where someone reincarnates as an inanimate object before and I read a lot of reincarnated stories.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Time for us to go on a diet! 1 instead of 3 chapters a day T_T. Though it's a well-deserved break for turb0... I understand if he's not immediately up for another translation marathon like this.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1 chapter per day... Nai wa...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Never heard of that novel you mentioned at the beginning but it sounds like it'd be interesting. Ty for chapter

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the chapter~~~

    I guess Sophia will interact with the pope after the oni match~~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Based on the new chapter, I can see it. Nice job breaking it Oni-boy.
    Peacefull land, everybody loves somebody, then Oni comes along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is at peace till oni invasion. Now it's up to ava- a vampire sophia to save the world.

      Delete
    2. Eh, not D? I thought she is trying to prevent system failure?

      Delete
    3. Except Oni-boy will meet Sophia only after he already destroyed paradise. What the hell was Gyurie doing... oh yeah, busy destroying the facilities.

      Delete
  26. May I suggest that you release every other day? That way you will still have a schedule and will not have to stay up late to do each day's chapter. Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. in case you still up i suggest you get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Umm, is today's chapter going to be released at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you bothered to read the note at the beginning you'd know that the chapters come out late for him. So most likely no. The translator is currently sleeping.

      Delete
    2. My bad. I'm a night owl used very late hours.

      Delete
    3. I get it, and who knows maybe he'll release it in the mornings now?
      We've caught up, so it's not like we can do anything else now but wait.

      Delete
  29. i would love to see him do a 2 day schedule, where he does one novel one day, then the other the next, if that works out...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope this doesn't sound like some sort of shameless plug, but I'm currently working on translating "I was a sword when I reincarnated" and would love to work with you on it.

    It's not strictly MTL but I do rely on it quite a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  31. 転生しちゃったよ (いや、ごめん)
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n2516bg/

    this already have manga but not one translated yet.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Poor shiro-chan :v she was born as a little spider and almost be eaten by her family in a deep-dark dungeon full of monsters while others got a huge amount of skill points and live peacefully...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like super peaceful life goblin-kun

      Delete
    2. Between D's whimsy and Early Access, that is where Shiro's luck lies.

      Delete
  34. Who will win if Sajin vs Tama.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The Divine Word order has a "dark side"

    ... No one else thought "Sith"? No? Just me? Mm'K.

    ReplyDelete
  36. what if the ogre met shiraori and he recognized her as his previous classmate

    ReplyDelete