Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Oni 10

Oni 10.
Finally.


Oni 10 Emptiness

I kill all noticeable living things.
I hate all moving things.
I even feel irritation to the shaking lead at the edge of my view.
My sense returned barely by the fight with the Sword God.
But, can this really be said that it returned?

I cut down the animal that seems to be harmless, and devour the meat greedily.
With this, I'm only a beast without sense.
No, even the beast won't do useless hunting when it's full, and I who kill all noticeable living things now is a only fiend that's lower than a beast.

I don't only kill animals.
I killed a lot of humans who ran away from me.
The man who faces me bravely, the woman who protect her child, the protected young child, and the old man who present his body to gain time. I killed all of them.

Why am I doing such a thing?
I don't know.
I feel nausea whenever I kill innocent people.
But, the killing intent and anger exceed it more.

The voice "Kill" echoes in my head.
I entrust to the anger and obey the words.
I feel unpleasant whenever I kill, and it becomes irritation like that. Then, it becomes the killing intent and becomes the driving force to look for the next prey.
The negative chain that drops to the very bottom.

I evolved into the Ogre General from High Ogre after defeating the Sword God.
I repeated massacre more from there, and evolved into an Oni.
Although there was the one called Ogre King in the evolution from the General, I chose this somehow.
The change was extreme.
My build that grew big whenever I evolve till then shrank into the normal human size instantly.
Although if it's that alone, it would be a little surprise, at the moment when I saw my appearance reflected in the water, I gulped.
My previous life's face was reflected there.
Two horns grew on my forehead and there was the impression that I became slightly virile, but that was the face of me in the past without a doubt.

Why now?
Such an impression appeared in my head.
And, at the same time, I consented.
"Ah, I see. I returned back."

I evolved into the Oni, and the level of the skill called Taboo rose to 10.
And, the acquired Taboo was highly-destructive enough to break my heart.
I vomited gastric juice, rage recklessly, and started the massacre of the living things with a greater killing intent.

The every day ruled by the Wrath, and only kill.
Before acquiring Taboo, I despaired for not being able to stop my will while feeling guilty in killing innocent people.
My heart became slightly light after acquiring Taboo.
Because legitimacy was enacted in massacre.

In my such feelings, I get angry.
The wrath from the bottom of my heart that's not a temporary wrath brought by the skill.
What legitimacy.
Such a thing is only an appendix reason.
After all, it's only making an excuse by putting the indulgence called justice to the sins that I have done.
Although the Taboo's content was surely terrible, it doesn't become the reason that I can massacre.

It's the same.
The time when I met a person of the previous life.
I'm not wrong.
That's why, I may use violence.
The different one is that after I used violence, I only claimed that I'm not wrong.
The essence is the same.
Justifying my own crime with my rightness as a shield.
That's why, my appearance might be close to my appearance when I was a human.

In the previous life, the will was right and the violence was a crime.
In this world, the will was a crime and the violence was right.
I don't know what's right and wrong anymore.
Even though I don't know it, I don't stop my action.
Leaving both my will and rightness.

I want someone to stop me.
I want to return to that Goblin's village.
To that place where there's no need to think about both rightness and sin.
But, there's nothing there anymore.
The proud warriors and the strict and warm house, everything.

In addition, there's no one who can stop me anymore.
If I see the appraisal stone, my status has exceeded 10000 even if I don't use the Wrath.
I was able to repel the Ice Dragon that came to stop me without using the Wrath.
When I was a Goblin, I was taught that the Drake was a dangerous monster in the mountain range.
Even the Drake's high rank species, the Dragon can't stop me.

The present me is only a machine that kill all noticeable living things.
My will is not there, and there's only the anger without the empty inside.
I kill, eat, and look for the next.
I'm the existence of that much.

Is there a meaning for me to live?
It might be better if I didn't regain my consciousness in the fight by the Sword God.
Then, I was able to be reduced into an ordinary machine that doesn't think of anything in a true meaning.
Or if the Sword God killed me.

Ah, I see.
I already want to die.
In such a world, I don't want to live in such a state.
Why is this world so painful?
Why am I feeling so painful?
I don't know.

I want to die.
And yet, I can't die by my own will.
My body continues to take action in order to live arbitrarily.
Chase the prey, kill it, and eat it.

I chase the group that tries to cross the mountain range.
I have the Country Destroyer title before I know it, and I have taken a lot of life in this side of the mountain range.
Because I continued moving while recalling the Sword God's movement, I acquired the Sword God title too.
The fact seemed to stain Reigar Van Rengzand somehow, and I felt sick.

I lost sight of the group that I chased after crossing the mountain range.
Well, it doesn't matter.
I didn't chase them because I wanted to kill them.
Rather, I'm glad that I lost sight of them.

And yet, I was attacked by a mystery group.
It was a strange group that used magic and the bow as the main different from the knights that I fought before and the warrior group without unity that I fought before that.
I acquired the Fairy Killer after killing them, and when I tore off their clothes to checked their identity, it was the race with pointed ears.
It's the race that seems to be called as the Elves in the Earth.
Although it was unknown why they attacked me, they died in vain.
Although the Elves were considerably strong, they were not my enemy.

There might not be someone who can kill me anymore.
It can't be helped that I began to give up like that.
But, it was still early to give up.

In front of me, a girl stands in my way.
The mouth smiles, the eyes are flaming, and it fills my fighting spirit.
It was a presence like a man-eating fiend that's unimaginable from her looks and elegant dress.

I sense it.
This girl is strong.
To the extent that I can be killed.
And, I had a light expectation.

58 comments:

  1. Blood VS Oni
    Vampire trained by God vs Oni ruled by wrath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a better lovestory than Twilight

      Delete
    2. Well, Oni was certainly helped by god shiro tho

      Delete
    3. There will be some corny situation later between the three though shiraori is unaware any of it.

      Delete
    4. more likely...
      Reverse Harem Heroine VS Oni

      Delete
    5. The more I see of these two, the more they seem to match, even the parts that make them kinda messed up.

      Delete
    6. don't forget sword god!
      sword god oni.

      Delete
  2. > latest raw chapter released

    Holy shit her stats. She a monster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is literally a demigod

      Delete
    2. Yep, and what's with 'Rebirth'????!!!!!

      Delete
    3. The result of her roommate nagging.
      She also got live combat training from those roommate.

      Delete
    4. I guess the Undead Commander LV8 is the skill that enables her to create zombies.

      Delete
    5. Hah, so vampires can create poison. Well, at this point, wiping out a revenge monkey troop is a given even without such things.

      Delete
    6. can you link me to the latest raw so i can see?

      Delete
    7. http://ncode.syosetu.com/n7975cr/335/

      also, remember that you can't talk about chapters we haven't reached yet here. Well, you can talk about them (conjecture, how excited you are, etc) but you can't say what's in the chapter. You have to go to a different site if you want to do that.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The battle is actually called Oni vs. Oni, to emphasize that Sophia is a demon too.

      Delete
    2. I think it's just demon vs demon.
      Or at least that's what you should be more appropriate seeing as how she's not an oni

      Delete
    3. Oni is often translated as demon...

      Delete
    4. Oni is often translated as demon because Oni can either refer to a Demon or a specific kind of demon, thus the title is

      (Specific Demon Title) Oni vs (Demon) Oni or viceverca.

      Delete
  4. It's Gundam Wing
    Sophia: I'll kill you.
    Earth: come kill me, Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your hard work!!! Hope uni is going good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SPOIIIILLLL!!!
    I hope that Joshua Kjx hasn't started translating this already cause otherwise one of us has made this in vain. I must say that translating this is a pain and there are most likely some mistakes here. I humbly pay my respect to Joshua
    who does this on a daily basis...

    『Human Vampire LV3 Sophia・Keren
     Status
     HP:14271/14271(Green)
     MP:12893/12893(Blue)
     SP:12655/12655(Yellow)
       :12661/12661(Red)
     Average Offensive Ability:12738
     Average Defensive Ability:13226
     Average Magic Ability:12755
     Average Resistance Ability:13219
     Average Speed Ability:12774
     Skill
     「Higher Vampire LV8」「Undead Commander LV8」「Heaven Scales LV10」「Super-speed HP Recovery LV3」「Magic Perception LV10」「Spell Perception LV10」「High-speed MP Recovery LV10」「Great MP Consumption Down LV10」「Precise Magic Manipulation LV2」「Magic God Act LV10」「Magic Granting LV8」「Great Offensive Magic Power LV10」「High-speed SP Recovery LV10」「Great SP Consumption Down LV10」「Sword Hero LV2」「Martial Arts GeniusLV9」「Great Enhanced Destruction LV2」「Great Enhanced Blunt LV1」「Great Enhanced Slashing LV3」「Great Enhanced Piercing LV1」「Great Enhanced Shock LV1」「Enhanced Water Current LV10」「Enhanced Frost LV10」「Enhanced Darkness LV9」「Enhanced Wind LV9」「Enhanced Soil LV9」「Enhanced Thunder LV5」「Enhanced Strong Acid LV8」「Enhanced Abnormal Condition LV9」「War God Spirit LV10」「Vitality Granting LV6」「Great Vitality Attack LV10」「Water Current Attack LV10」「Frost Attack LV10」「Strong Acid Attack LV10」「Poison Synthesis LV10」「Medicine Synthesis LV10」「Telekinesis LV10」「Throw LV10」「Shoot LV10」「Space Maneuver LV10」「Coordination LV2」「Leadership LV3」「Kin Domination LV6」「Concentration LV10」「Thought Acceleration LV4」「Future Vision LV4」「Parallel Will LV2」「High-speed Calculation LV10」「Record LV10」「Distant Speech LV10」「Accuracy LV10」「Evasion LV10」「Great Probability Correction LV10」「Stealth LV10」「Concealment LV10」「SilentLV10」「Odorless LV10」「帝王」「Presence Perception LV10」「Danger Perception LV10」「Movement Perception LV4」「Heat Perception LV8」「Space Perception LV1」「Appraisal LV10」「Root of Evil」「Fire MagicLV3」「Water Magic LV10」「Water Current Magic LV10」「Blue Waters Magic LV7」「Ice Magic LV10」「Frost Magic LV10」「Ice Prison Magic LV8」「Wind Magic LV10」「Storm Magic LV1」「Soil Magic LV10」「Earth Magic LV1」「Thunder Magic LV9」「Light Magic LV1」「Shadow Magic LV10」「Dark Magic LV10」「Darkeness Magic LV4」「Poison Magic LV10」「Treatment Magic LV10」「Demon King LV8」「Envy」「Great Physical Resistance LV5」「Fire Resistance LV5」「Water Current Nullity」「Frost Nullity」「Storm Resistance LV2」「Earth Resistance LV2」「Thunder Resistance LV6」「Light Resistance LV4」「Darkness Resistance LV4」「Heavy ResistanceLV3」「Acid Resistance LV10」「Corrosion Resistance LV7」「Faint Resistance LV7」「Abnormal Condition Nullity」「Great Fear Resistance LV7」「Great Heresy Resistance LV6」「Pain Nullity」「Sense of Pain Nullity」「Night Vision LV10」「Thousand Miles Eye LV4」「Demonic eye of Grudge LV3」「Demonic Eye of Stillness LV3」「Great Enhanced Five Senses LV10」「Perception Range Expansion LV10」「Divinity Area ExpansionLV5」「Destiny LV10」「Heaven Mana LV10」「Heaven MotionLV10」「Abundant Sky LV10」「Fortitude LV10」「Fortress LV10」「Heaven Path LV10」「Heaven Protection LV10」「Idaten LV10」「Taboo LV2」「n%I=W」』

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      The titles aren't shown?

      Delete
    2. He only has a level 8 appraisal stone

      Delete
    3. because kyouya doesn't has Appraisal LV10. he has a stone LV8 or so?

      Delete
    4. Nope, Wrath used a low level Appraisal stone...
      帝王 is Emperor, kinda missed that.

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. Thanks for translating the skills.

      Delete
    7. For the sake of consistence 遠話 'Distant Speech' should be 'Distant Communication'. I hope that's all that needed correction.

      Delete
    8. Is she the most OP single-digit level there? Kyouya evolved several times already and if we add all of his levels for each evolution, I won't doubt that he already reached level 80 or maybe even level 100.

      Delete
    9. So she does have Envy. I wonder what it does. But seriously What the hell. She's stronger than a dragon at level 3!

      But anyway it seems he outclasses her in stats especially if he uses Wrath but she seems to have an edge in skills. So they might just be evenly matched.

      Although the fact she can match him at level 3 means he already lost in another sense.

      Delete
    10. Power VS technique. This is an even fight.
      I can understand why she has Envy, she was trained by a god. Being envious of a god is to be expected.
      Fortunately she did not have to go into an active volcano to get heat protection.
      A level 3 with that much power. Seriously.

      Delete
    11. Plus she has all the growth correction skills maxed out so her stats will increase with level up far faster than normal.

      Delete
    12. Just on a side note. Originally Sophia had 羨望 (senbou), which I assume evolved into 嫉妬 (shitto). Joshua translated senbou as jealousy so I translated shitto as envy.

      Delete
    13. Well if the skill has no level that should mean it's the ruler class version and Envy is the term we use for that sin. So using Envy should be correct.

      Delete
    14. She have all stat grow skill max at level1 haha

      Delete
    15. 「Heaven Scales LV10」
      「Great Fear Resistance LV7」

      Hmm. Because she finally success in developing Heaven Scales so that her Great Fear Resistance don't level up?

      Poor Shiro-chan. How can she live without delicious flesh after meal?

      Delete
    16. Like mere heaven scales would be enough to stop Shiro from eating.

      Delete
    17. I have a theory on the effect of envy.

      But wait... Is it revealed already?

      Maybe this is already said by someone... But here it is...

      Helps you get closer to the person you envy.

      Like sophia and shiro.. sophia envied shiro so she have those^.

      Delete
  7. Thank you very much!
    Finally back to the "fated" encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. RIP country-of-whatever-the-name-was

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. But still. Ruler skill can have such an impact on a person...
    And Kumoko who had 4 such skills was almost unaffected. Although I admit that they might have canceled each other out still.
    But. To be able to influence even that Kumoko... Ariel's hatred isn't to be triffled with...

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes it is come thank you for chapter waiting next one

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sword God was truly amazing when you think about it. His stats are so much lower that he can't even do damage, and yet he manages to fight the oni to a standstill until his body literally gives out from exertion.

    ReplyDelete