Pages

Sunday 4 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Elf Village Battle 9

Elf Village Battle 9.


Elf Village Battle ⑨

【Katia】

The magic of thunder that Yuri shoots.
But, even so, it doesn't reach me too.
The Dragon Killer title that I obtained when the Earth Dragon is defeated in the Elro Great Labyrinth.
The skill called "Dragon Power" by the title has the effect of raising the status and obstructing magic when it's activated.
Although it's inferior to the magic obstruction effect that a genuine Dragon has, it's enough to prevent low rank magic.

And, at this moment, Yuri mainly uses the low rank magics that have fast activation to prevent my approach.
Yuri's status should be high as she became the Saint, but if it's said, I should be considerably strong among the reincarnated people too.
I seem to have the advantage as there's the advantage of the "Dragon Power" skill.

Yuri's choice is not wrong.
I'm the versatile type that can handle close combat despite being close to magic whereas Yuri is a magic type.
If she allows the approach, my victory is decided.
That's why, she abandon the magic with power that has long charge, and she choose the rapid firing for stopping me.
But, that only makes the match prolong, and it doesn't become the factor to overturn my advantage.

I neutralize the approaching thunder with "Dragon Power", and come through it almost unhurt.
The magic of thunder that's difficult to evade and defend would be a considerable threat without "Dragon Power".
Although I didn't feel lived when I encounter the Earth Dragon in the Great Dungeon, because I acquired such a skill thanks to that fight, the result might be good.

Towards Yuri who's preparing to shoot the next magic, I shoot the return magic.
As expected, I can't use the fire that's my good attribute in the forest.
It's serious if it catches fire.
The magic that I shoot is "Light Magic".

The light ray pierces Yuri's shoulder.
Although it's a low rank magic with low power similar to the magic of thunder that Yuri uses, Yuri who doesn't have the defense of the "Dragon Power" can't prevent it.

Yuri who frowns in pain.
In that expression, surprise is included.
Did she think that she can win if she doesn't allow me to approach?
I'm a versatile type that's close to magic, you know?
I didn't train with Shun just for show since childhood.
Yuri should know it.

But then, the me who Yuri knows is during the time we spent time in the academy.
Although it's a short period, I come through many fights during the time, and become strong.
Although the "Dragon Power" is the power acquired in that way, I feel that I got used to fight is big.
There was always the existence called death nearby that can never be tasted in training in the Elro Great Labyrinth.
And, the experience that came through it is the present me and present Yuri, and it might be the difference.

「Why!?」

Yuri shoots the magic of thunder while shouting.
I neutralize it with "Dragon Power", and recover the damage received immediately.

「Even though you betrayed Yuugo-sama, why do you stand in my way!?」
「I didn't betray him. I only returned」
「Don't say things that don't make sense!」

I myself have received Yuugo's brainwash.
I realize extent of the effect.
It's not a level that can be canceled by word persuasion.
That's why, I decide to make her silent with ability.

The light ray pierces Yuri's body again.
The light ray that flies at the speed of light is a very difficult magic to avoid it similar to the thunder.
I fired it into Yuri's foot.

Yuri who's foot is shot, and falls down to the ground.
Because Yuri can use recovery magic, it's insufficient in damage, but she can't regain the interval when she fell down no matter what.

I shorten the distance instantly, and pierce Yuri's body with the rapier of my favorite sword.
Although it looks like a fatal wound at glance, I can stop it as I take her consciousness by the effect of the 「Hold Back」
I give Yuri the treatment of the extent that she won't die, and restrict her.

If I chase Yuri who escaped, a considerable distance will open with Shun and the others.
Let's return immediately.



And, at the return destination, Yuugo fell down, and there was the figure of Shun pointing the sword at the front of his eyes.

Ah, as expected.
There's no way Shun can be defeated by the power of the fake no matter what.

In contrast with Yuugo who's full of wounds from head to foot, Shun doesn't have a wound.
He's really a cheater.
Come to think of it, Shun was unhurt even when we fought against the Earth Dragon in the Elro Great Labyrinth.

「Did it end?」
「Ah」

Ah, using the man words has become troublesome by now.

「Still, still, it's not over, yet!」
「No, it's over. You can't defeat me」

Yuugo tries to move the body that doesn't seem to be able to move well, and falls down to the ground again weakly.
Although I acknowledge the tenacity, it can be said that he doesn't know when to give up.

「Shun, give the decisive blow. You have the right to do so」

Speaking honestly, I want to give the decisive blow on this man.
I was deprived variously by this man.
Those will never return.
I want to vent the anger of the loss on this man.

However, Shun lost more than me.
If it's giving the decisive blow, Shun is more suitable than me.

「No. I won't take your life」

And yet, Shun says an unbelievable thing.

「What?」

Ah, my original words came out unintentionally.
But, such thing doesn't matter.

「What do you mean by that? Don't tell me that you intend to keep this man alive?」
「A-Ah」
「Don't joke with me!」

Although I thought that this person is very naive, I never thought that he's this much!

「Even if you keep this man alive, there will be a hundred harms and not a single gain! He's a harm just by being alive. He should be killed immediately」
「Sorry, Katia. I understand Katia's feelings, and I don't have the intention to forgive Yuugo. But still, I will keep this guy alive. Live and make up for his sins until death」

Shun's eyes look straight to my eyes.
A solid will was felt there.
It's useless no matter what I say.

It can't be helped.
Possibly, I might be hated by Shun with this.
But, Yuugo must not be kept alive.
I start to construct the magic in order to give the decisive blow on Yuugo.

「As expected, you're really too naive」

A roaring sound.
A shock.
I protect my face with my hand instinctively, and my whole body is covered in something.
I understood that it was Shun's body.
E-E-E-Embraced!

When the shock passes, Shun separates with me immediately.
Ah.

「Who?」

At the point that Shun look at, the man who trampled Yuugo was standing there.
Yuugo lost his head, and was trampled by the right foot of the man.
Something like a small crater is created at the man's feet, and created the shock.

Where on earth did this man come from?
Guessing from the situation, did he fly from somewhere?

No, such a thing is not the problem now.
The problem is the man's identity.
There's two horns on the man's forehead.
Although he has the similar figure to a human, he's not human.
Probably, an Oni.
The higher rank species of the Ogre-type monsters.
It's a dreadful species that has the wisdom similar to the human, and the power as the monster.

But, even that doesn't matter.
I look at the man's face, and open my eyes wide in surprise.
Surely, Shun also has the same look.

「Have I been forgotten after a long time?」

I, no, we know the man's face.
Although the entire atmosphere changed, the look remains properly.

「Kyouya」

Shun says the name.
It was nothing but our close friend in the previous life, Sasajima Kyouya.

44 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was deprived variously by this man.
    Those will never return.

    I'm actually worried about this line.


    And as expected Shun doesn't kill him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you and the others are just reading to much into it.

      Delete
    2. the fact that one of his sins is lust...and that he actively said it when he was acquiring his skills... :/

      Delete
    3. I think it when she said deprived she meant her family, her status,... etc

      Delete
  4. Oh good! They took Yuugo out. Damn Shun is too much of a pacifist to kill an insane guy.

    Great new white Kumoko look for your banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go
      http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KillHimAlready

      Delete
    2. Shun has the Kindness Ruler title which forcibly changes his personality to be kind regardless of situation. Because of that its very very very hard for him not to be forgiving. So unfortunately it was not really in question he was going to let him live. Hes still a victim of the system and Kindness Ruler is still in control of him.

      Delete
    3. yeah maybe author just want to show that regardless of being kind or evil, anyway, everyone (in this novel) are to blame.
      From kindness to madness just one little step.

      Delete
  5. Glad they took that annoying bastard out. Although I wish we had seen more of him being wrecked instead of it just jumping to it being over. I wanted to see that idiot get his over confident ass handed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rou is here :)

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really, don't compare him to Rou. This guy is much better if you ask me.

      Delete
  7. who kyouya is he new chara ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shuns other friend from the first side chapter

      Delete
  8. Shun is such a worthless Hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly in that regard his brither was better at least. he knew what had to be done.

      Delete
    2. His brother tried (repeatedly) to spare the Demon General that approached him.

      But I see y'all don't like to recall that bit, hmm?

      Delete
  9. I wonder will things change once they enter taboo 10? And whose side is Kyouya on?

    ReplyDelete
  10. am i the only one who couldn't keep it down reading katia's remarks about how much of a cheat they are especially shun?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought shun had finally grown a pair and had the resolve to kill this fucker but he is to ... I can't think of a good word rather too many word fit

    ReplyDelete
  12. I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT HAPPEN, NOBODY GAVE A FUCK ABOUT KUMO BECAUSE ALL DEMONS AND MONSTERS MUST TURN UP DEAD OR SOMETHING

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn, Shun is more disappointingly than I thought. A lot of people he like is dead because of this trash and he says "i want him to live with his sins" FUCK. If you want him to live, at least cut all his members, deprive his skills, torture him everyday and use magic to heal the wounds and keep him alive -_-

    ReplyDelete
  14. This guy... if it was just letting people whale on him that would be one thing, but risking other people's lives because he can't bring himself to kill someone who he knows has and will continue to do worse goes against the principles he claims to stand for.

    Shun's literal purpose as a character is to stand there and do basically nothing while his allies are dying and it's getting ridiculous.

    First he's like "I'm going to protect my little sister." Yuugo brainwashed her, Shun does literally nothing, and doesn't even remember that she exists for the rest of the series. Yuugo takes over a country, the church, and kills a bunch of people and Shun is like "Repent, which I know you aren't going to do, but I'm not going to kill you."
    He killed his brother, brainwashed his sister and friends, took over a country, started a war, killed numerous people to gain power, wants to kill Shun(and has tried to twice now) and rape his sister and teacher and the man literally doesn't care all while he preaches about how evil Yuugo is.

    Anna does more than Shun, when you think about it, and she has so little screentime that I honestly forgot she existed until a chapter or two ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hero is literally a complete nonentity in his own life all while the people he supposedly cares about are being put in harm's way, but he refuses to deal with the problem because "killing is bad".

      Julius has done more in his 3 or 4 chapters of being alive than Shun does in literally the entire series, and Julius's whole purpose as a character is to die to give Shun a reason to do things.

      Delete
  15. Shun is everything I hate about Japanese stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was about to comment the the same thing

      Delete
  16. Someone kill Shun for humanitys sake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But he's not harmful. There is no point in killing him or wanting him to be killed.

      Delete
  17. Shun's mind was probably influenced by the virtue kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Putting asude these annoying characters, isn't it the Dragon Scale skill that interferes with magic and not Dragon Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not wrong but Dragon Scale can only be possessed by actual Drakes and higher. A human gets a different skill therefore.

      Delete
  19. Didn't people forget the skill Shun have to make him into super good guy? People is really stupid sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not the only one who skips these chapters am I ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. 「Shun, give the decisive blow. You have the right to do so」

    Well that't funny. You have the right to what???? Lol i get you girl , i really do , but regardless nobody actually have the right to take someone else's life , even your own parents.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh kyouya shows up instead of sophia

    ReplyDelete