Pages

Saturday 3 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Elf Village Battle 5

Elf Village Battle 5.


Elf Village Battle ⑤

【Firimes】

I was alone in the front line.
Shun-kun and Katia-chan are the rear forces.
Shun-kun is too kind.
If I say it badly, he's too naive.
Surely, even if he can defeat a monster, he can't kill a human.
That's why, I have him to be in the rear unit.

The persuasion was entrusted to Hyrinth-san.
He also understood Shun's naivety, and accepted my plan.
I'm thankful to Shun-kun.
I might not be able to return to the Elf Village by passing through the Elro Great Labyrinth with my power alone.
But, from here on, it's the teacher's work.
I can't borrow the power of Shun-kun and the others.

The barrier was broken.
To be honest, I was half in doubt, but the barrier was really broken.
But, the shock that the other Elves received was more than me.
The defensive wall that should be called absolute that has never been destroyed since they were born, was broken.
Coupled with the threat of the monster that's outside the barrier, the shock that they lost the heart's support is immeasurable.
Although I assumed such a situation, they must have thought that the barrier will never be broken.

「Everyone, please calm down」

I tell the panicking Elves.

「The barrier was broken. However, the device that generated the barrier was not broken. We should hold out until the the barrier restores again」

I am the daughter of the Patriarch.
In addition, I am a reincarnated person and my ability is high, and I have a strong right to speak among the Elves.
If I'm seen from the Elves who live for a long time, I am a young girl even if I add my age of the previous life, but no matter what they think, they will follow my words.
Now also, they hear my words, and they seem to regain calmness little by little.

「In addition, here is in the forest. It's like the garden of we, Elves. The human army can't defeat us. Let's teach them that it's stupid to challenge the Elves in the forest」

I tell strong words to inflame the fighting spirit a little.
In truth, the situation is not so kind.
Although there's the advantage of the terrain called the forest, as for the total number, the other side is overwhelming.
On top of that, the opponent is the Rengzant empire's powerful army that's experienced in combat that continued to fight against the Demons for many years.
It was obvious that it will be a severe fight.

Although the prudent Elves can understand it, the thing called the atmosphere of the place is important.
The Elves nod powerfully and silently, and start the march.
We who advance quietly in the forest are like the assassin rather than the warrior.
It's might be not necessarily wrong.

We jump from tree to tree, and finally, we found the army advancing in the forest.
Thanks to the terrain called the forest that doesn't suit for a march, the formation is disordered.
The front is held up, it becomes dense, and it's prolonged when they try to move to the side to resolve it.

I declare the start of attack by Telepathy.
Magics and arrows rush into the army that has trouble with the march.

They are trampled down without being able to do anything by the attacks from the overhead.
It's probably the unit that originally didn't assume a combat in such a forest.
Although the knights who held the shield in the front row defended it somehow, the long distance unit in the back row and the charge unit in the middle row fall down without being able to do anything against our attacks.

It's not good to have crowded to the extent that it's impossible to move freely.
Even if they are at the position where they can move, the natural obstacle called the forest doesn't permit freedom.
If this is a plain, the result will probably be totally different.
The attacks here are defended by the shield unit in the front row, worn us out with the attack of the long distance unit in the back row, and as a finishing blow, the charge unit in the middle row approaches and cut us down.

But, that's only when it's the plain.
The forest is the field of we, Elves.
The terrain that they can't move properly, and the attack from the overhead that they are not used to it.
The counterattack doesn't reach us who made the trees as the shield.

Although there were soldiers who try to climb the tree, they are shot down before they finish climbing it.
Even if they finish climbing it, all of the Elf soldiers have the "3D-Maneuver".
Although there are not many Elves who have the "Space Maneuver", that alone is enough to move in this forest freely.
On the unstable tree's footing, there's no way that the Elves can be defeated by the humans.

However, the opponent is the experienced powerful army.
They won't keep on being attacked forever.
They give up in maintaining the formation, the shield unit and the long distance unit reform into a two man cell.
They return fire while hiding behind the shield.

The other soldiers who don't receive the shield's defense head to the tree while dodging our attacks.
The number that was shot down is many, but we were pushed by the violence of number, the place where we are forced to do combat on the tree increased.

I observe such a progress of battle, and order retreat without overdoing it at the disadvantageous place.
Although my personal purpose is to take my former student's head, the purpose as the whole Elves is the stalling until the barrier restores.
If I think about the opponent's number and the advantage in terrain, I think that it's the best to wear out the opponent while retreating slowly.

However, in the communication from the detached force, there's a report that they are being overwhelmed by a non-standard magician.
There's also the unit that the communication was cut off before I know it.
My unit is doing well, as a whole, it can be said that we are overwhelming them, but a part seemed to be overwhelmed.
However, as expected, I have my hands full about my own unit.
I will entrust that to Potimas who's in the base.

Despite being my father, that man's true character can't be known.
Surely, he has prepared one or two hidden-ball play.

Like that, I continued commanding, and I finally found the figure.
Yuugo Van Rengzand.
My student who has the name called Natsume Kengo before.
The former student who has strayed from the right path, no, the former student who I have let him to stray from the right path.

I can't say anything about Shun-kun.
I am not resolved yet at the last moment.
Surely, if I kill him, I will definitely be disqualified as a teacher.
Although I might be disqualified as a teacher now, it's certain that I will exceed the last line.

But, I must do it.
That's the last thing that Sensei can do to Natsume-kun as a teacher.

It might be my ego.
I don't say to forgive me.
But still, I will kill you.

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be an ego.<==
    It might be my ego.
    It might be egotistical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm only waiting for Kumo to show up like a last bobossThen suddenly kills Yuugo. And suddenly the old man and his apprentices kneel to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then they all start setting themselves on fire o_O

      Delete
    2. Or drowning themselves in bubbles.

      Delete
    3. That is the preferred way of saying Hello in the religion of Kumoko-chan

      Delete
    4. Or eating raw dragon meat with salt on it and call it súhi.

      Delete
  4. yeah i cant bring myself to like sensei...

    biggest chuunibyo complex of them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thoroughly enjoying all the work you've done translating, and I doubt there is much point in doing this, but all the grammar mistakes have been driving me crazy.

    It was pretty solid in the early chapters, but has degraded somewhat.

    Here's a list of everything that jumped out at me:

    1. "I was alone in the front line." - Although there is no mistake in this line alone, it conflicts with the tense of the rest of the paragraph. "Was" is past-tense, but everything else is in current-tense. Use "am" instead.

    2. "That's why, I have him to be in the rear unit." - Use "That's why I have him be in the rear unit."

    3. "I might not be able to return to the Elf Village by passing through the Elro Great Labyrinth with my power alone." - This should have been past-tense. "I might not have been able to return to (...)"

    4. "Coupled with the threat of the monster that's outside the barrier, the shock that they lost the heart's support is immeasurable." - Uh, it's kind of hard to understand your meaning, but try "Coupled with the threat of the monster that's outside the barrier, the shock which disheartens them is immeasurable."

    5. "We who advance quietly in the forest are like assassin rather than the warrior." - Place a "the" in front of "assassin".

    6. "It's might be not necessarily wrong." - Use "It might not necessarily be wrong."

    7. "Thanks to the terrain called the forest that doesn't suit for a march, (...)" - Remove the "for" from "for a march".

    8. "They are trampled down without being able to do anything by the attacks from the overhead." - Replace "the attacks from the overhead" with "the overhead attacks" or "the attacks from overhead".

    9. "It's probably the unit that originally didn't assume a combat in such a forest." - "the unit" implies it's some specific unit that was already known about in advance. You should use "a unit" here instead.

    10. "Even if they are at the position where they can mmove, (...)" - Use "in a position" instead of "at the position".

    11. "If this is a plain, the result will probably (...) unit in the middle row approaches and cut us down." - This entire paragraph is in the wrong tense. Since it's a hypothetical, it shouldn't all be in current-tense. On top of that, "the attacks here are defended by the shield" is an incorrect use of "defend". It implies the shields are defending the attacks from something, not that the shields defend something from the attacks. [Side note: I've seen the same mistaken tens of times with the word "interfere". "It interferes me" is not a valid sentence. "Interfere" and its various tenses need to be followed by "with". Something can "intefere with something", but it can't just "interfere something"] Use "If this were a plain, the result would probably be totally differnt. The attacks here would be defended against by the shields of the unit in the front row, the attacks of the long distance unit in the back row would wear us out, and as a finishing blow, the charge unit in the middle row would approach and cut us down."

    12. "But, that's only when it's the plain." - Use "But that's only when it's a plain."

    13. "The terrain that they can't move properly, and the attack from the overhead that they are not used to it." - This is one mess of an incomplete sentence. Use "The terrain where they can't move properly, and the overhead attacks that they are not used to."

    (conntinued)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 14. "Even if they finish climbing it, all of the Elf soldiers have the '3D-Maneuver'." - Either change "the '3D-Maneuver'" to just "'3D-Maneuver'" or "the '3D-Maneuver' skill".

      15. "Although there are not many Elves who have the 'Space Maneuver', (...)" - Again, "'Space Maneuver'" shoud not have a "the" in front of it.

      16. "However, the opponent is the expereinced powerful army." - Use "However, the oppoenent is an expereienced, powerful army."

      17. "They return fire while hiding behind the shield." - Use "shields" instead of "shield".

      18. "The other soldiers who don't receive the shield's defense head to the tree while dodging our attacks." - Use "The other soldiers who don't receive the shields' defense head to the tree while dodging our attacks."

      19. "(...) but we were pushed by the violence of number, the place where we are forced to do combat on the tree increased." - Use "(...) but we were pushed by the violence of numbers and the area where we are forced to do combat in the tree increased."

      20. "I observe such a progress of battle, and order retreat without overdoing it at the disadvantageous place." - Use "I observed the battle progress as such and order a retreat without overdoing it in the disadvantageous area."

      21. "(...) the purpose as the whole Elves is stalling until the barrier restores." - Use "(...) the purpose of the Elves as a whole is stalling until the barrier restores."

      22. "There's also the unit that the communication was cut off before I know it." - Use "There's also the unit whose communication was cut off before I knew it."

      23. "My unit is doing well, as a whole, it can be said that we are overwhelming them, but a part seemed to be overwhelmed." - This is a run-on sentence. You should split it where the first comma is.

      24. "However, as expected, I have my hands full about my own unit." - Did you mean to say "worrying about"? If not, use "with" instead of "about".

      25. "Surely, he has prepared one or two hidden-ball play." - Use "Surely he has prepared one or two hidden-ball plays."

      26. "My student who has the name called Natsume Kengo before." - Use "My student who had the name Natsume Kengo before."

      27. "The former student who has strayed from the right path, no, the former student who I have let him to stray from the right path." - Use "The former student who has strayed from the right path. No, the former student who I have let stray from the right path."

      28. "I am not resolved yet at the last moment." - Put "yet" before "resolved".

      29. "That's the last thing that Sensei can do to Natsume-kun as a teacher." - Use "for" instead of "to".

      Delete
    2. I think he add too fast and don't read comments and don't edit chapter (for me it's ok because I speak polish normaly and English is only second language that I use and don't mind bad translation of course I often founded really bad that makes me cry but this is okay)

      Delete
    3. jesus christ they made a whole damn paragraph
      but to be honest grammar mistakes dont bother me i just correct it in my head and im all good

      Delete
  6. Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with LinkShrink and receive cash for every click on your short urls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess the problem is that I can't even bring myself to pretend to care. None of these guys are even remotely interesting anymore. Shun was interesting for like the first two chapters he came around and I wanted to see where he'd go after the fight with Yuugo but now it's really hard to even care about them. Do their decisions even matter? Who gives a shit? Where's Kumo damnit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly having the same problem. When was the last time Katia or Anna were even mentioned, let alone actually doing anything? On top of that, Shun is the hero and has a massive amount of skill points stockpiled but hasn't done anything of note this entire time. Even when Yuugo tries to kill him the first time around he could have just used his skill points but nope.

      Delete
  8. When she mentioned the device that generates the barrier, I got reminded of the device which collects the world's vitality that Kumo destroyed in the last normal chapter. It is possible that it is the same kind of device because the barrier has never been destroyed before-therefore its strength might be result of the forbidden technology which destroys the world. It wouldn't be strange, since it was there since before the oldest elf and the elves are also against the administrators.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crossing the last line might mean taboo lv 10

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see all the elves Killed with a few winding up as slaves! To suffer as their prisoners suffered!

    ReplyDelete