Pages

Wednesday 7 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 206

Chapter 206.
I feel very tired today. Manage to translate 2 chapters only. Going to sleep after finish posting these two chapters. Don't worry, tomorrow will be 3 chapters as usual. I don't intend to take a whole day rest when it's so close to the raws.


206 Black and white

Author note: The Demon King's point of view
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing Gyurigyuri who understood my action while has a difficult face, I'm relieved.
As the persuasion of Gyurie was the first problem when I take action, it's a big progress to have succeeded in it like this.
It's big that Gyurie became my subordinate even though it's only the form from the flow of the talk.
With this, I can make Gyurie to work like a carriage horse under his agreement.
Although his mental state in the heart is probably complicated, he will cooperate reluctantly now that he understood the necessity.

It can be said that I succeeded in winning the most troublesome enemy over to my side in a certain meaning.
I was prepared that I might fight against Gyurie in the worst case.
In that case, my defeat is inevitable.
Still, there was the thought of "Oh, well", but if possible, I wanted to live and fulfill my responsibility.

I have only done passive action so far.
I let the Queen Taratects in every place to produce subordinates, and let them cull it suitably.
Otherwise, I placed a subordinate around the Elf Village and intimidated them to prevent them from having strange mind.
In fact, it ended uselessly.
I can't break through the barrier set at the Elf Village.
Potimas understood it, and didn't even put the teeth on me.
I fully realized it by this matter.

I was quiet for the excuse called to obey Sariel-sama's order so far while my former brethren made efforts for the world and died.
This power that I took a long time to accumulate it.
The time to pay the tab that I ran around so far without looking at the reality.
I thought that if I'm defeated by Gyurie, that can't be helped, and if this power returned to the world, that's alright.

I didn't think that the another worst enemy contributed to the evasion.
I look at the former worst enemy for an instant.
A white girl expressionless from beginning to end.
The beautiful features like it's artificial.
Because she close her eyes midway whether she doesn't like the creepy eyes, there's the atmosphere that it's more artificial.

Hmm.
Bishoujo.
In the subjectivity as my former Body-in-charge, I don't have the self-awareness that I was such a bishoujo, but now that I have become another person like this, she's a beautiful girl when I see her again.
Because there are some of my present features, she doesn't look exactly the same as the previous life, but still, an outstanding bishoujo.
Why was there no awareness in this?
It's mysterious even if I say so myself.

And so, even though I'm half of her existence originally, to be frank, I can't read what she's thinking.
Her expression doesn't change, and she doesn't speak at all.
What is she thinking? Or, She's not thinking anything?
I don't even know that.
When I thought that she's thinking about detailed things, she would be thinking nothing at all.
The wave is too intense, and the prediction is impossible.
Because she's faithful to desire basically, there's no problem if I tempt her with foods for a while.
Well, Because of this unpredictable condition works, Gyurie accompany me, so it turned out all right in the end, is it?

「Then, we will begin to act, but for the time being, we will return to the Demons territory」
「Ah, sorry, but I will leave for a little while」
「Hmm? Why?」
「I will check the star again to every corner whether there's a surviving facility like here or not」
「Ah」

Certainly, that should be done.
I also never thought that such a facility survived.
I thought that most of such place were smashed at the time when the system operates.
As expected, I don't think that there's another facility that survived similarly, but it's better to search for it.

「Then, I entrust that to Gyurie」
「Umu. When you leave here, you should destroy it completely」
「Yeah」

It may become troublesome if the Humans discovered it.
Was it good or bad that Kumo-chan discovered it?
Muu.
Maybe I should stop calling Kumo-chan by now.
After all, we're more or less comrades from now on.

「Then let's go. Wakaba-chan, or should I call you Hiiro-chan?」
「I hate both」

Hmm?
She spoke!?
Eh, oh, un?
Ah, no, of course she can speak.
It's not that she can't speak.
Un un.

But, why does she hate being called by her name?
She shouldn't have particularly any unpleasant memory about her real name though.

「Then, what should I call you?」
『How about Shiraori?』

D who remained silent till then breaks in.

『You're pretty much my kin candidate, so I named you the name as God, but how is it?』

After Kumo-chan thought for a while, she nodded slowly.
Although I don't know what she thinks about it in her heart because her expression doesn't change, it seems that she have consented by the name.

「Then, may I call you Shiro-chan?」

Assent.
When it's Shiraori-chan, it sounds awkward.

「Ah, then, Gyurie is Kuro-chan」
「Why it becomes like that?」

Gyurie answers what I said on a whim back as amazed.

「Tsk tsk tsk. Gyurie is pretty much the Dragon God that became the legend, right? Although your real name doesn't remain in the legend much, you don't know when you will be found out, so you should at least falsify your name」

I make up a plausible reason.
Gyurie thinks about it for a while, and nodded slowly.

「Well, if that's the case, I don't mind」

Ah, he only gave up because this already become troublesome.
Such part being weak in pressure is not good.
That's why, he always become only the disadvantageous role, and as a result, he only fails.
He does seem so though.

47 comments:

  1. Rest well.. Good night..
    And thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful and yet she never noticed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And she hates her name. Maybe that's why it never showed up before

      Delete
    2. but remember. Body incharge remember that she doesn't. There are Something else that make her hate it now

      Delete
    3. She probably hates her name because of the memories of her getting bullied got brought up... I'm not sure to be honest. All I can do is to read and see

      Delete
  3. the god of that world is weak to pressure lolz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiro, our kumoko, seems so demure and mature in this chapter, but in actuality...Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiraori thoughts: delicious food, delicious food, vampire child, delicious food, delicious food, delicious food.

      Delete
  5. About her name "Shiraori" (shi-ra-o-ri) 白織り

    It means "The white weaver" in japanese.
    The name is both simple yet symbolic to her existence. Seeing as how she's a white thread weaving spider.
    Truly a name fitting for a white spider god

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, arnold. What is the significance of kumoko's godhood? The meaning of kami in japan is really, distorted that even a tsukumogami is still a god.

      Delete
    2. I'd say she's closer to a Buddhist God

      Delete
    3. Do you think when she becomes D kin she will get a power boost

      Delete
    4. I think the name is read as Shiori (Shi-ori) and the meaming is as you said "white" and "weave".

      Delete
    5. In that case she wouldn't need a nickname, since Shiori-chan doesn't sound awkward, nor is it too long to use casually.

      Delete
  6. poor kuro-san.. you shall be dubbed as The chuni kuroryuukami

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH! SHIRAORI-SAMA!!!! KAWAII DESUUUU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapters! And you really shouldn't apologize for releasing 'only' two chapters in one day. Sleep well, oh sleeping one~! xDD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the chapters!~ And as the others have said, get some rest! Besides, you've more than earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanx for the chapter and get some rest

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm happy that kumo's god name isn't shirodek¥&$ries

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Her expression doesn't change, and she doesn't speak at all.
    What is she thinking? Or, She's not thinking anything?"

    She think more than you thought and very nonsense too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! She's thinking of delicious food!

      ...and how pitiful "maou shoujo Ariel-chan" has become... (I so pictured her doing the peace sign next to her eye while she said that, as well as adding a 'deeesuu!' to the end)

      Delete
  13. Oh gosh. Blastron if you're reading this. It would be nice if your translation is the same original content and experience as what the author is trying to deliver but if it's not just stop. You're dirtying the original work of the author by making it more 'English' of a story. Some might like it but I personally don't. I doubt the author likes IIT too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Respect the author's content.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. I guess Rey just found out about Blastron's translation, which is 200% more readable than Turb0's.
      Unfortunately, Blastron has dropped his translation at around chapter 122, so you can't read the recent chapters in his version.

      Delete
  14. I'm sure she will get closer to Shiro and be able to read her soon enough.
    Mannn I'm kinda sad she hates her name though. Well at least she's a God so having a God Name is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you know you can create short urls with LinkShrink and receive dollars for every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmm, but why Shiro killed the previous hero Julius? she saved him when he was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She saved him to kill him afterwards when he got stronger, on that time he was a "weakling".

      Delete
    2. Think the question was "why did she do it anyway?" Since, at this point, she's beyond stats, skills, and levels. She intentionally kept him alive the first time so his XP value would be higher, but she can no longer XP-get, innit?

      Delete
  17. Damn, i'm not used to her being Wakaba. Liked more when it was Rihoko, because it's someone always gloomy etc, while Wakaba was the bishoujo blablabla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that it changes something, since she is she and to know it doesn't mean that she will change.

      Delete
    2. By the way, it was interesting to se the POV of Demon King. Because what reflect in Kumoko's(prefer this name too) face is totally different from what she thinks haha.

      Delete
  18. Okay, so the Wakaba thing seems confirmed now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't get something if she is wakaba hirro (something like that) than why she don't know how talk with others? When you are bishojou then you must talk with others because when men likes you he go to you and try to speak wtf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was the "has many admirers looking at her from a distance" Bishoujo and also not easily approachable, because of her screwed up family upbringing.

      Delete
    2. Hahaaha, you all wrong, kumo not wakaba kumo just kumo not the other

      Delete
  20. I don't know why the translator did not put in the previous 'spoiler' that Shiro was Wakaba/Our Heroine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kumo just kumo not wakaba or other people😁

      Delete
    2. I am not site and I will be in the past few days ago and I will be in the past few days ago and I

      Delete