Pages

Saturday 10 October 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Blood 8

Blood 8.
This chapter is confusing. Especially the talking part.


Blood 8 Decision

「Dear」
「Sorry. It's my lack of ability」
「No. You made efforts for us 」

Mother embraces father gently to support father who hangs his head.

「Sophia, I wanted to be on your side until you at least become an adult. Please forgive this worthless father」

Father holds me up in his arms gently.
This might be the first time as far as I can remember to be held by father.
But, father's love has been transmitted properly.
I receive a kiss from mother while being held by mother.

Speaking honestly, the thing called parent and child love was thin.
Because I have the memory of the previous life, the feeling of true parent and child was thin in me no matter what.
That's why, there was guilty somewhere in my feelings when they pour love to me like this.
But, when thinking that this is the end, I regretted it oppositely.
I should have fawn on them more.

I still haven't return anything to them as their child.
Because I have the memory of the previous life, I think that I took a fairly cold attitude.
If I fawn on them much more, the contact of these people with their child might be more assertive.
Then, we might have become true parents and child.
But, that's already too late.

「Merazofis, Noiria. I entrust the future to you」
「Yes」
「Yes」

Merazofis and Noiria straighten up to father's voice.
Both of them changed their clothes to the clothes that man and woman wear in the town generally from the usual attendant appearance.
Taking advantage of the confusion that the enemy invaded, both of them act as a married couple in order to let me escape.
If it's as a ordinary baby of the town, I might be able to escape.
It was the last resort that the cornered father gave.

Besides that, there's no one who remains in the mansion.
Everyone are mixed with the crops transporters, and they are made to evacuate from the town.
But, there's a severe watch on mother and me by all means.
In order to escape, we have no choice but to take advantage of the confusion.

And, leaving aside that I'm a baby, there was no chance to escape for mother who had many exposure and her face is known.
It's a matter of luck whether I can escape or not.
And, my father and mother won't survive.
It was the final farewell.

The people who remain in the mansion now are many aged attendants who were resolved to follow such father and mother.
The young attendants were driven away by father forcibly to a distant place.
And, both Merazofis and Noiria said to remain here until the end.
That's why, it can be said that the  important task of letting me escape was entrusted to them.

I think that father knew that Merazofis adores mother.
On top of knowing it, I think that he trusted him.
Merazofis understood it, and served father on top of that.
Because I have not experienced love, I don't understand both father and Merazofis's feelings well.
However, there was a certain mutual trust.

「I will definitely protect Ojou-sama」
「Ah. I leave it to you」

Mother who embraces me and Noiria while shedding tears.
Father who hand over me to Merazofis gently.
That hand trembled faintly.

And, I bid farewell to my parents.
The farewell that we can never meet again.

When we go out from the back door of the mansion stealthily, the flames had already reached the vicinity of the town's entrance at that time.
We slip into the wave of the escaping people successfully.
We follow the people's flow like that, and head to the outside of the town.
But, the soldiers of the enemy country had already taken a stance at the gate that continues to the town's outside.

「We will escape」

Merazofis pulls Noiria's hand, break the people's flow forcibly, and rushes into the back alley.
Then, my Presence Perception worked.

「Wait」
「I will have you to wait」

The shadow that appears at the back alley before we know.
The inner part of the alley, and the side of the alley.
Four people block us in each of it.

Should I consider this that we were marked at the moment we gone out of the mansion?
It was a desperate situation.

But, somehow, the state is strange.

「Who are you!?」
「There's no obligation to answer. The protection of the baby」
「The target is the baby! Defend her to the last!」

The men in the side and the inner part of the alley run simultaneously towards here.
Although I don't know the circumstances, the four people in the side and the four people in the inner part are from different organizations?
It might still be possible to escape by taking advantage of this confusion.

Such light expectation falls apart because Noiria cut the approaching man from the inner part of the alley.

「Noiria!?」
「Hand over the baby!」

The point of sword that approaches Merazofis is stopped by the man on the opposite side.
At the same time, Merazofis's body is pulled.
Merazofis uses the power and rams the man oppositely.
He tries to run through the back alley with the power.
But, that body fall down on the alley.

He make sure that I'm not crushed even though he fell.
An anguish expression is on the face of Merazofis who fell sideways.
When I try to look at him, a dagger was pierced deeply on his back.

The combat of the mysterious men continues in the alley.
Noiria lies down at their feet.
Overflowing blood and vacant eyes. It was realistically seen that she had already died.

At this rate, Merazofis won't survive either.
I pull out the dagger pierced on his back desperately with my young hands.
The fresh blood that begins to overflow.
At this rate, he will die.
If Merazofis dies, next is my turn.

The way to reverse from here.
There's only one possibility.
But, if I do it, my life as a human ends.
In addition, I don't even know whether it will succeed or not.
I don't know whether something can be done in this place or not even if it succeeds.

I look at Merazofis who seems to die at any time.
I see the grand feelings like cursing his powerlessness in his eyes.

「Ojou-sama, I am sorry」

The voice that gets hoarse.
I made a decision.
I stabbed my fangs to the fallen man's nape.

70 comments:

  1. So thats how Mezarofis is able to join the demon army

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... so vampire is demon in this world? I think it's more undead than demon... by maybe undeads are considered demons, who knows.
      So next comes Shiro/Kumoko-chan I guess.
      Thx for the chapter

      Delete
    2. I assume that the demons aren't really aware that he's a vampire, or that he's human.

      Delete
    3. I think they meant more his personality

      They probably knew he was a vampire( he could not be in the demon territory otherwise).

      It's just that his personality and his goals they could not figure out.

      Delete
    4. I always feel that vampire is more demon than undead :v

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    6. There's is also the fact that he didn't even die yet

      Delete
    7. @HydroPoop

      Yes, indeed. I had been wondering myself (see my messages in previous pages) how this guy, a mere human, a weak soldier, ended up as General of the demons.

      Turns out he's not human anymore.

      In this world there are: 1) humans, 2) demons, 3) monsters.
      (And then the isolationist elves, but we can leave them aside.)
      We don't know yet exactly *what* are the distinguishing features of the demons. For all we know, they might look just like humans. In any case, humans and demons and monsters are three separate categories of beings. And Merazofis, becoming a vampire, has just become a monster.

      I guess the demons have no qualms taking a powerful, intelligent monster as one of their generals. They just are open-minded fellows like that. ;-)

      Delete
    8. A spider became the demon king, so a vampire should be accepted by the demons too. I think the demon army is just an union of the intelligent non-human races (except elves).

      Delete
    9. Even up to the raws we still don't know exactly what demons look like but we are approaching the demon territory soon

      Delete
    10. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    11. @SubZole

      That's a good theory. Perhaps any intelligent non-human non-elf humanoid is, automatically, a demon. We should see what happens in Kyouya's story -- whether goblins turn out to be demons too.

      Delete
    12. It's still a little vague but the premise of being a demon being as SubZole said makes the most sense. There are exceptions but it would probably be best to think of them more as a federation of races then a specific race. This would help to explain why some intelligent non-human races, like the goblins or elves, aren't considered demons. They would have simply not joined demon society.

      Delete
    13. though, even that doesn't completely make sense.

      Delete
    14. Andre B, are you certain goblins are not demons? I don't remember whether it was established. Something in the Kyouya chapters, perhaps?

      Delete
    15. Thah are monsters not demons.

      Delete
    16. yes, they are considered monsters, not demons.

      Delete
    17. as for when it was said, the first I recall it being mentioned if from Shun when Kyouya showed up. The most significant details will show up later.

      Delete
    18. Lets say that the demon race is similar to the human and elf in the aspect that they don't evolve (except maybe at lvl 100). We will see eventually if the goblins are part of their army or not.

      Delete
  2. mhm Elves being actually something like an enemy race has a fresh feeling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only if you haven´t read much fantasy xD Elves are the worst.

      Delete
    2. Hehe. Have you read Tolkien? It's difficult not to root for the orcs and trolls and other bad guys. Anything's better than those elves.

      Delete
    3. Try reading Elvenblood. The first volume has been translated completely by Krytykal, and the Elves make you want tontear their throats out and crush their eyeballs, amongst many other hateful feelings.

      Delete
    4. Oh, someone actually read that shitty LN.

      ....by 'shitty', I mean it makes me feel completely like a shit.... lllOrz

      Delete
    5. I guess im a masochist. Cause that was like, my favourite LN i have read in quite a while...

      Delete
  3. can someone tell me the effect of Taboo LV10 again? It seems to install something but what's being installed or effect?

    ReplyDelete
  4. can someone tell me the effect of Taboo LV10 again? It seems to install something but what's being installed or effect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowledge and truth enough for you to hate the world.

      And if I'm also guessing the origin of the world, the system and the gods

      Delete
    2. It downloads all the knowledge about the world...the things that gods know and the inner workings of the world system and other things that we as readers want to know...if im missing any thing someone help me out

      Delete
    3. It downloads all the knowledge about the world...the things that gods know and the inner workings of the world system and other things that we as readers want to know...if im missing any thing someone help me out

      Delete
    4. @IAmViruz

      Nobody knows yet, alas. Readers can only speculate. If we knew what sort of knowledge comes with Taboo max, we'd know all the secrets in the novel.

      Delete
  5. Wah!!! So cool!!! Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Mahou Shoujo Ariel-chan and Kumoko-sama(just can't get accostumed to her new name) will appear to save the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatcha talking about. They appear much more later isn't it obvious.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. death by baby?! lol RIP the butler-zoned Merazofis
    and reincarnated as Count Lolicon Von Merazofis XD
    Thank you for the chapters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously, a 1-2 YO girl wielding a dagger.
    Pretty graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ugh it its going to be so interesting to see all of the clasmate are reuinited hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is already one bloody class reunion XD

      Delete
  11. Hey since you're pretty close to catching up with the raws I was wondering if you might be willing to help out with this
    https://omegaharem.wordpress.com/demon-king-reincarnation/
    It's a fairly show series that is apparently done already if I understand correctly but translation is pretty slow so if you might be willing to try to help them with the remaining nine or so chapters that might be great.


    As for a more permanent project if you want to work on something else might I suggest Re:Monster translations over at the Wikia? http://re-monster.wikia.com/wiki/Novel. A lot of the "Chapters" somewhere past 200 up to 320 are damn near unreadable due to being rather choppy machine translate. So they could always use an extra hand to improve some of that.

    Or maybe you could just help with editing and cleaning up grammar or something.

    Although I guess you could also just take a long break or focus on cleaning and editing this series further. I'm just trying to provide some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't advise Re:Monster. The story becomes quite a let down and much of what Rou has to say is redundant and meaningless compared to what's actually going on. The side-stories and manga are good though, since you get to see everyone's despair and agony over the shit he does.

      Delete
    2. I'd have to disagree. It's true the side stories are nice and often provide a needed alternate perspective on some events but his point of view of things isn't bad either and I like his actions. He's no saint but he's not really a bad guy either. He looks after his own and doesn't forgive those who show him hostility.

      Besides even later into the story he does have some tough fights so it's not like the good fights are only until a certain point. Although just like Kumoko he does reach a point where only high level opponents are a challange for him.

      I don't find his talking too redundant either. In fact I find Re:Monster better than this series in a few ways (not necessarily overall). For example this series took a bit longer than I would have liked for Kumoko to start actually interacting with others while Rou gets some pretty good comrades pretty early. Also I just like his personality better than hers as he's more ambitious and interested in the world around him.

      Also he has to work to get stronger a little more than her. While she can just do things and get skills through the system he has to work hard to level up and only gets abilities through eating opponents with said abilities.

      Although I do also really like this series in some ways I think Re:Monster is also quite good.

      If you don't agree that is fine everyone has their own tastes I'm just saying this to offer another opinion to those reading this so they know your thoughts aren't the only ones.

      Delete
    3. Also unless you count enemies no one suffers from his actions. In fact it's made clear several times that life under his leadership is better than the lives many of them had before. So there is no "Despair and agony" in the manga or side stories. So I'm not sure what the hell you are talking with that despair and agony nonsense.

      Again if you don't like Rou or the series that is your thing. But don't make stuff up to justify why you don't like him.

      Delete
    4. Calm down. There's no need for such a reaction. I'm just giving my advice.

      More so, I didn't imagine Gobue's reaction to him eating returner. Little things like that (eating your friends corpse) does upset those under him. He doesn't take notice of such things, so I prefer the versions that include those.

      Lastly, think carefully about the story, especially the earlier parts, and the debates that have been held over his actions. I won't argue with you about if he is a bad guy or not but this isn't something were you could say he isn't without it being a matter of your opinion.

      And the strangest part of what you said: the part about the others despairing over stuff like that I found FUNNY. It was one of his more interesting aspects. It has nothing to do with why I don't like him. Why would I say seeing it is better if I thought it was bad?

      Delete
    5. She was slightly bothered by it but he was nothing more than a gem at that point and he probably would have given it to her if she asked. But Returner wasn't really her "friend" he was just a small and helpless creature she wanted to help.

      Events like that don't happen often and other times they do speak up and say "no don't do that" and he normally doesn't if the others ask him not to.

      My point was while the manga and side stories show other peoples perspectives no one is in despair or agony unless they are enemies. Like the Female Knight goes through a bit of despair but they were are war at the time to that much is obvious. But the way you were saying it made it sound like every side story shows everyone in despair because of him. So even if you said they were better you still gave an overly dark impression of Rou and the story.

      Again giving advice is fine but it felt like what you said really boiled down to more "I do not like this series much so don't get involved in it" than objective advice. So I just wanted to correct or give counter opinions to what you said to even things out.

      Overall I do think the series does have some flaws but I think it's good points more than make up for that in the end and every series has it's flaws.

      Delete
    6. She was slightly bothered by it but he was nothing more than a gem at that point and he probably would have given it to her if she asked. But Returner wasn't really her "friend" he was just a small and helpless creature she wanted to help.

      Events like that don't happen often and other times they do speak up and say "no don't do that" and he normally doesn't if the others ask him not to.

      My point was while the manga and side stories show other peoples perspectives no one is in despair or agony unless they are enemies. Like the Female Knight goes through a bit of despair but they were are war at the time to that much is obvious. But the way you were saying it made it sound like every side story shows everyone in despair because of him. So even if you said they were better you still gave an overly dark impression of Rou and the story.

      Again giving advice is fine but it felt like what you said really boiled down to more "I do not like this series much so don't get involved in it" than objective advice. So I just wanted to correct or give counter opinions to what you said to even things out.

      Overall I do think the series does have some flaws but I think it's good points more than make up for that in the end and every series has it's flaws.

      Delete
    7. Fine, just keep in mind that you also have bias about the series and try to watch out for that when describing it if you want to suggest it.

      On a side note, this is generally bad form. It doesn't mean much now but remember that you shouldn't give requests unless the translator asks for them. It's considered an Arnold level mistake.

      Delete
    8. Yeah I try to be objective with suggestions though. Like I don't agree with everything he does but objectively his methods follow a good logic and are in line with his morals. If you want to to say something negative about it I'd say he gets passed "desperate survival" a little fast. It makes sense he'd eventually be strong enough that normal survival would stop being a problem but he gets to the point where nothing in the area he lives in can kill him a bit too fast. It might have been better if there had still been some stronger enemies in the area for at least a little while longer. He does have some tough fights after that but he has to go looking for new challanges for the most part and while there is nothing wrong with that again the "desperate survival" part could have stood to last a bit longer. Like with Kumoko it takes her a lot longer to get past the desperate survival stage. Although in her case it might have actually lasted a little too long but lets not get too deep into that for now. So yeah I do acknowledge the series has flaws.

      As for the side note I know which is why I tried to be careful with how I said it. It wasn't exactly a "request" at least not a serious one. it was more "you'll be hitting the end soon so if you want to pick up a little something else at least as a side project how about this?" and since these series are similar to this one in the sense they are reincarnation type stories they seemed relevant.

      I don't intend to make myself a pest with it just offering a suggestion if the translator was wondering what he should do next.

      Delete
  12. cool beauty shiraori vs silly shy kumoko. lol make me laugh so hard that maou sama led a huge misunderstanding later.
    no wonder this vampire called her master later on despite her true character.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHAA! That was pretty badass. A person like this is on Kumo side folks!!The Human side Shun and the rest never suffered this much

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess you could Say Sophia is going through her "teething" stage O_o

    ReplyDelete
  15. The AWAKENING! Thank you for the chapter and all the hard work.

    ReplyDelete