Pages

Saturday 26 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 187

Chapter 187.


187 Communication ability

Well then, how should I speak?
I mean, can I speak?
Well.
When was the last time I talked to a person?
Gyurigyuri?
But, that's the Telepathy, so can't it be said as talking?
Strange.

Crap.
I'm getting nervous.
How do you talk with a person?
Rather, how do words spoken?

Ah, the middle-aged man is looking at me fixedly.
Wh-What should I do?
What should I say?
That's right, at first, isn't the basic to start a conversation is to talk about the weather?
Something like the weather in the labyrinth is unrelated!

Awawa.
Seriously, what should I do?
Calm down.
I should count prime numbers at such a time.
Prime numbers are lonely numbers.
1, 2, 3, da!
No!
In the first place, 1 is not a prime number!

The weather is not good.
Something, is there something!?
That's right, greeting!
The greetings are basic!
Yosh, first of all, it's hello.
I will say it.
I will say it.
I will say it after counting for another ten seconds.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

「Ko...Ko」
「Ko?」

Da!
Impossible!
Only the hoarse voice comes out because my mouth is dried!

I moisten my mouth with saliva.
The voice comes out.
However, only to say the word "Konnichiwa".
It's not difficult.
It's not difficult.
It's not difficult.
Yosh.
I can do it.
A countdown in the heart once again.
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

「Konnichiwa」

I said it!
I was able to say it!
Good me!
I'm impressed of me.

「O-Oh. Thank you for calling out to me」

The middle-aged man who lowers his head from the praying posture.
The pose is a dogeza.

「I will introduce myself properly. I'm Ronant who belong to the Rengzant Empire magic division. However, If you give me the permission to serve under you, I'm prepared to abandon the nation. I will ask once more. Could you make me as your apprentice?」

O-Oh.
Wait a minute.
Don't talk with such a long sentence all at once.
Because I'm thinking what I should say next.

Um.
Err.
Well.
For the time being, the apprentice is not good.

「No」

Un, no no.

「Please, somehow!」

No.
Impossible impossible.

But, even if I say it, the middle-aged man doesn't seem to give up, and he has the atmosphere that he will follow me all the time.
That's troublesome.
I must somehow have him return volubly.

Appearing here is Hero-kun.
It's that.
I must think about a good excuse to let Hero-kun to return safely and the middle-aged man doesn't return.

This Hero is sent back, and raise him into an admirable adult.
If he's taught by others, he will surely see the things that he was not able to see naturally.
He will make this as the task from me.
If he accomplishes it splendidly, I will think about making him as my apprentice.

Un.
A perfect strategy even if I say so myself.
Now, I just need to convey it.
Convey it only.

Such a long sentence?
Err, impossible.
If I speak that much, I will die.
What should I do?
I might have been checkmated.
The biggest pinch ever.

Calm down.
It's not necessary to say it all at once.
It's fine to convey it little by little even with a word.

In addition, I can talk, but because this world's word pronunciation is difficult, I can only talk a few words.
Even word by word, or rather, I can only say a word.

Yosh, I will say it.
Suu, haa.
Yosh.

「This」

I say it while pointing at Hero-kun.

「Return」

Yosh.
First of all, was it conveyed to return Hero-kun?
Next is.

「May I ask? Although I suppose that this boy is the Hero, why is he with you?」

Ah!
Don't question me back!
The words that I prepared for the next can't be used now!
Well, what should I do?
How should I answer?

Because I barged into the war, I picked him?
Although it's not wrong in general, how should I explain it?

「Picked」

Un.
This is the straightforward one and the closest.

「Wh-What?」

Ah, un.
You don't understand, right?
Sorry.
Further explanation is impossible.

「Together, return」

I say it while pointing at the middle-aged man and Hero-kun.
The middle-aged man thinks a little.
Please, guess with this.

「In other words, you are trying to say that you want me to send this Hero to the country?」

Good!
That's right!
I nod.

「Then, if I sent this Hero back safely, will you make me as your apprentice?」

No!
Why does it becomes like that!?
No no.
I shake my head.

「Master」

I say it while pointing at the middle-aged man.

「Apprentice」

I say it while pointing at Hero-kun.

「Teach」

How is it!?
With this, do you understand?
Although I think that it's a miracle if he understands, how is it?

「You want me to raise the Hero?」

Close!
But, he's right.
I nod.

The middle-aged man thinks about something for a long time.
Although I don't know what is he thinking, my broken words might be expanding his imagination variously.
I hope that it's not a weird imagination.

「Yes. I understand. Although I can't foresee your profound thought, it surely has a deep meaning. This mission that you gave to me, I swear that I will accomplish it splendidly」

Oh!
Very good!
The middle-aged man is reasonable!
Good.

「Well then, although I don't want to part, I can't leave the Hero like this no matter what the reason is. I will leave at once. Hopefully, I can meet you once more」

The middle-aged man who lowers his head deeply.
Un.
You don't need to meet me anymore.

The middle-aged man who leaves carrying Hero-kun with Transfer.
Come to think of it, the first one that I talk with in this world is that middle-aged man, huh?
Somehow, I feel a little lost.

39 comments:

  1. Thank you.
    Aww Kumoko is so cute~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How?! I get the caracteristics, but I can't quite imagine what her face looks like... I need an illustration...

      Delete
    2. here is a fanart for her
      http://i.imgur.com/6nRvUds.jpg

      Delete
    3. That is one of my favorite fan arts I've seen of her so far but a few points I feel should be adjusted

      1. The head should probably stick out a little less- It shouldn't be compeltely gone and I do think that was probably her head type but I feel the head and human body should be a bit more melded since she said the body came out of her head.

      2.The scythes should be larger and legs thicker-I feel given her current evolution her spider body should look just a bit stronger.

      3. Shouldn't she have some markings of some kind on her spider body? I think I remember a skull being on her at once point? Point is while it should be mostly white I feel this one is TOO white and needs at least some kind of pattern or details on it.

      But besides that this is the closest to what I picture her to be like

      Delete
    4. my first image of kumoko's zoa ere form was close to this guy
      http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eIEekU2LCMA/T_A8xujX4gI/AAAAAAAAAOs/lPSeeUeR_DU/s1600/ARACHNIDS.gif

      Delete
    5. https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/manga/2/197480l.jpg

      For future readers - this seems to be her official look

      Delete
    6. Her looks - https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91lQkVRglUL.jpg

      Delete
  2. is she talk with Poker face.... or clumsy face o.O?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just imagine an extremely expressionless white girl that can't talk very well

      Delete
    2. I imagine her face being subtly strained though as she tries to hide how nervous she is on the inside. Not like "eyes darting around " moe type thing but just a face that is trying to stay neutral but is a bit stiff with an occasional eye twitch.

      Delete
    3. I imagine poker face.
      At this rate, she will get god level poker face skill.

      Delete
  3. Yay~. our kumoko and her broken language!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Demon Lord can talk. Kumoko can't. That means she is Shiro. Demon lord said something like she raised her. Then Demon Lord must be D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. ow is the demon lord D?
      ..... how do you even get that conclusion? O_0?

      We already know D is an evil God and in Japan and no reason taking over Ariel's body.
      it's clearly a mix of Ariel and body in charge.

      And remember she is Ariel's descendants so probably something like they stopped trying to kill each other and may the truce for the past decade.

      Delete
    3. Too soon to say. You have to remember that Kumoko is currently devouring the soul/mind of the current Demon Lord. Technically, one of Kumoko's personalities could be the Demon Lord and a different one, presumably the main personality, should be Shiro.

      Delete
    4. Dude it's not that she can' t talk it's just she only started trying just then. The Future stories are still 10 years from now. She has plenty of time to get used to talking.

      Delete
  5. Could survive dragon and demon king but defeat by communication?
    Kumoko-chan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

      She will face dragons and demons with the utmost courage. She will fight fiercely against any enemy, no matter how strong. But the idea of saying a few words to another person makes her all timid and scared.

      Oh you, Kumoko-chan!

      Delete
  6. Well... She spent to much time as a "Hikki" so her [Interpersonal Language Skill] is very low...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe that's why he's upset when Julius died? Haha cos he didn't live up to his master's expectation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No. I didn't want a good bye like this!! You better make him your deciple soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since she became all white, I assumed she was the "White Commander" back in the previous "future" side story. Or was she the demon lord? Then again, I assume she is both? How about Black? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kumoko~ finally your dream come true. Im happy. :')

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the one where she is holding sake, and she is drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm it a "funny" Version of a normal arachne. I think prefere the normal Version like in Monster Mosume (every Day with Monster girl or in the web novel arachne female upperbody with nine eyes and spider underbody.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I personally hope Rondant gets a later character arc; perhaps a reincarnation to being one of "Kumiko's" disciples.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe this is the most accurate image of her:
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/images/d/d3/Arachne_-_English.jpg/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/450?cb=20190319235450

    ReplyDelete
  16. I believe this is the most accurate image of her:
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka/images/d/d3/Arachne_-_English.jpg/revision/latest/top-crop/width/360/height/450?cb=20190319235450

    ReplyDelete