Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 167

Chapter 167.
The chapter title is probably a Code Geass reference because it's Hangyaku no Kumo.
Anyway, what the Parallel Wills were doing all the time is revealed.


167 Spider of the rebellion

At first, I felt an uncomfortable feeling when I fight against Fire Dragon Rendo.
I felt the Dragon to be hateful at that time.
Although I had thought that it was scary, there was not a time that I felt the Dragon to be hateful until then.
The start was when I have doubts on these feelings.

If I see my inside, the doubt was clear.
Is it the effect of "Wisdom"? I was able to recognize my soul.
There were two things that influenced the soul.

One is the Ruler skill.
"Pride" and "Patience", the two skills has influence on my soul.
But, this can't be helped.
I can't tear off the skill, and I can only deal with it by being aware that I'm influenced.

The problem is the another one.
That's the forced rule by the Superior.
I received the influence even though it's a little.

Something like a thread that's connected to my soul.
It's the line for the transmission that the Superior use to send the orders to me.

The fact that I only receive a little influence is because of the "Heresy Nullity" skill.
But still, because the line is connected since I was born, the order of the Superior flowed into my soul.
The content of the order is to become strong.
It seemed that this is the reason why I greed for strength.

After I defeated Fire Dragon Rendo, I used the line oppositely, and started attacking the Superior.
I dispatched the "Parallel Will" through the line, and the erosion of the soul by the wills started.
If I were to compare it and say, it's near hacking.
From the terminal called me, I invade the main computer and take over it.
This was the identity of the attack outside of the system that D said.

When saying by my sense, it was similar to the act of eating.
Eat the other party's soul.
It was such a feeling.

I was able to identify the Superior who gave me the order immediately.
Mother.
My biological parent, and the Ruler of the Elro Great Labyrinth.

But, even that Mother was only a mediator.
There's someone who rules Mother.
Surprisingly, that person enslaved four monsters that are equal to Mother.
I advance the erosion of Mother slowly so that it was not noticed by the true Ruler.
Incidentally, I dispatched "Parallel Will" to the remaining four through the line, and start the capture almost at the same time.

Eating the soul was a quite hard work.
After all, it's the thing that's called as the creature's core.
And in addition to that, the other party is a far higher rank existence.
If it's a normal physical match, there's no way to win.
It can be said that it was possible to carry out simply because I have the defense of the soul that's near cheating called as "Heresy Nullity".
The erosion of the soul only advanced slowly.

The turning point was when "Taboo" reached max level.
After that time, my thoughts changed suddenly.
It's also because I absorbed Mothers' soul little by little, but the truth obtained by "Taboo" brought me shock.
At the same time, I decided it.
I must take actions.

I was not able to say leisurely things like 'so that it won't be discovered'.
That's why, I decided to erode boldly.

Of course it was discovered.
But, if it's against my "Parallel Will" that has "Heresy Nullity", there's no way it can win in the fight through the soul.
Because the other party understood it, it looked for my main body.

And, the spider army led by the Arch attacked me.
It was my miscalculation regarding the other party, but I didn't die.
I was stronger than the other party's thought.

However, still, I can't win if the main body of Mother and the true Ruler come.
That's why, I didn't go to the place where Mother seems to go, and I pay close attention to Mother's movement.
After all, I finished marking through the soul.

There was no problem because the true Ruler was far away.
She doesn't have the "Space Magic".
That's why, she can't come to me suddenly.

Then, it's only the fight with time.
Will I eat them up first?
Or, will they find my main body first?

As a result, I succeeded in consuming Mother.

Although it took a considerable long time, I understood that I can absorb the all of the other party when I consume the soul.
The remaining four can be consumed within another one month.
Then, I can oppose her.
If things go well, I might be able to consume her.

If I go that far, it's not a dream to become an Administrator.
My purpose will soon be achieved.

What kind of actions will Gyurigyuri take at that time?
I don't know.
But, I don't have the intention to stop.
It's not that I have such refined thoughts like saving the world.
But, if this stays the same, I can't settle down.
I don't like it.
That's why, I move.

I think that the Mother's Ruler is a terrible backlash.
She never thought that such me is mixed in her kin.
It's the end of the luck to have connected it with the "Kin Domination" skill.

In case of her, she probably let Mother to give birth suitably to increase the usable pieces and strengthen it, but she might have not imagined that an irregular was generated in that.
Sorry.
I will snatch both your intention and power.

Therefore, don't catch up with me.
Present Demon King, Ariel-san of the Origin Taratect.

51 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No, no, read that properly, "Present" Demon King, of the "Original" Teratect. Something like an Ancient One who recently came into power (if this is still within the first year, since it gained that title from the previous DK's death).

      Delete
    2. Wrong, it is 'Present Demon King, Origin of the Teratect,' not 'Present demon king origin of the Teratect.'

      Two separate titles, meaning that Ariel is the current holder of the Demon King title.

      Delete
  2. Thank You !!!
    Finally some pieces fall together xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. so the demon king is from tatatect species

    ReplyDelete
  4. run away if you see spider
    she/he will eat your soul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh... I can't see the parallel.
    R2 episode 15? But queen taratect isn't charles (in motivation).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent! Major exposition here~

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the Demon King is bamf enough to control 5 Taratects then how is the hero gonna match that? It seems like such mythical creatures are far stronger than even heroes get. Either the demon king evolved from a Taratect and is a myth creature herself or it tamed the taratects and they ended up becoming Myth rank afterwards. I mean seriously this demon lord has a completely separate army besides the actual demons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because "hero" title is that broken, when the hero confront the demon king, no matter what is the difference in skill or status, the hero has a fair chance of winning

      that's why demon king has to send his troops to kill the hero first, to avoid the two meeting each other

      Delete
    2. And when you send someone who can literally turn a Hero to dust with a glance (Kumoko) then you need a SuperHero in order to even hope of defeating the Demon King.

      Delete
  8. So Shiro was Kumoko and Demon King was the other Kumoko who ate Ariel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incorrect. Shiro is Kumoko and the Demon King is Ariel. Remember that Ariel is the creator of the Teratect and Shiro (Kumoko) is her 'greatest creation.' The 'Superior' gave only one command to her children: become strong. Shiro/Kumoko has certainly met and surpassed that command.

      Delete
    2. I mean, you're both wrong. Shiro isn't Kumoko.

      Delete
  9. Every time more is revealed, more questions appear. Haha and I really thought it'll be a fun-filled journey to becoming op

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh god, all 5 queens? I guess the point of the war is to keep the administration off her back, because she could obviously destroy every kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. finally some explications, i was kinda lost since the taboo chapter

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really hope that the demon king we see in the S and B sidestories is not kumoko

    thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Ariel. Shiro is Kumoko.

      Delete
    2. In the side story, didn't it look like the Demon King changed recently? Because some people were like "you trust this woman?"

      Delete
    3. @Michael Breiter are you fucking stupid? Have you been paying any fucking attention to the story? The demon king in the B and great war arks is kumoko, it’s literally the most obvious shit in the universe

      Delete
    4. Those who still believe kumo-chan is demon king have grave misunderstandings of kumokos character and personality. Lame. Side story demon king is Clearly capricious and talkative, to the point of disrespect. Kumoko has shown in her recollections of being alive and also her interaction with Kuro, she is extremely nervous talking, ultra hikki, isolationist anti social.

      Theres only so much the System can affect her nature, if you still believe Kumo is Demon King you are factually dumb or not paying attention to who kumoko is.

      Delete
  14. So she's after the demon king now..wow cool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey guys I didn't understand what happened at this chapter can anyone explain to me plz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kumoko is linked to Mother taratect through kin domination. she is using the link to send her parallel wills to all 5 queen taratect and Demon King to devour their souls

      Delete
  16. OK the monsters core thing is new to me is a good guess it's like a magic core or is it like a heart or soul

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that gyurigawhatever and Ariel team up to dispose of their common enemy, kumoko. This what gyuri can kill her indirectly, avoiding D's interference, and Ariel can get rid of the thing that's stealing her children. This is probably why they don't care about conquering the humans, they just need to get to the labyrinth to subjugate kumoko with the demon army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only problem with that theory, the war is 14 years after this chapter and Kumoko let alone years needs only one month to eat the 5 Queen Taratects. Demon Lord sure are though normally but 14 years of soul eating is still too much.

      Therefore your assumption is probably wrong.

      Delete
  18. So if Kumo-chan eat the soul of the ones she defeat, she can absorb their stats/skills/titles? or it only works in the taratects queens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only on the Taratect since she needs a link to send her Wills off

      Delete
  19. Weren't there 5 Taratect queens? Was it the 5th that was summoned in the human/demon timeline?

    ReplyDelete
  20. After assimilating the demon king, its time for the main dish- Admins

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't understand in the manga was never mentiont the she is atacking the other queen's and first she met the demon queen then kills mother

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manga was from "light novel" and this is "web novel".

      Delete
  22. But in the end our spider will be shiro right?
    Why did she team up with demon lord?
    To save the world?
    F i want to knooooow

    ReplyDelete