Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 158

Chapter 158.

I changed Seizure to Snatch.


158 When I thought that it was a fishing village, it was a farm village

I walk on the beach looking for a fishing village.
Fishing?
Like I can fish in such a dangerous sea!
No, well.
What's with the sea where the Water Dragons can be fished?

Well, because the Water Dragon caught a while ago was a low rank Dragon with a low level, it's possible to win, but if I beat it badly, the Water Dragons seem to surge in great numbers.
I even avoid the Earth Dragon trio, so the large crowd of Water Dragons is not a joke.
This sea is more frightening than the labyrinth.

My belly is filled with the fished Water Drakes, so I withdraw the fishing and search for a fishing village now.
The village where there are men who fight against the Water Dragon.
Surely, there must be a wonderful old man.
Muha!
Wait for me, Nice Guy.
I'm coming to ogle at you!

Although it's good that I'm enthusiastic about it, there's nothing that looks like a village.
After all, I moved along the beach for a day, but it became dark without finding anything.

Hmm.
I don't want to sleep at the beach.
It smells of the sea.
There's the Water Dragon too.
Here, I think that I should return to the labyrinth after a long time.

Thus, I returned to the labyrinth after a long time with Transfer.
Umu.
There are no changes.

Although I understand it when returning like this, this labyrinth has a really comfortable air flowing inside.
Although the outside is slightly cold, here is neither hot nor cold.
Because there are no other monsters anymore, there's no sound.
Although the smell is slightly bloody, I'm not bothered by it.
Because there's no sunlight, I don't need to be bothered by the ultraviolet rays.
Because of the "Perception Area Expansion" skill which is the higher rank skill of "Visible Range Expansion", I'm bothered by excessive things like the ultraviolet rays when I go outside.
Because it can't be helped even if I mind it too much, I turned off the skill usually.

I slept well overnight in the comfortable space.

It's the morning.
Probably.
The only inconvenience in the labyrinth is that I don't know whether it's morning or night.
Well then, let's look for a fishing village continuing from yesterday.

I come to the place where I came yesterday with Transfer.
It's no use even if I walk along the beach like this, so I use the "Space Maneuver" a little to rise up to the sky, and look around with "Clairvoyance".
As far as I can see, only the sea and the mountain.
Oh, village discovered!

But, it's a little far from the sea.
That doesn't seem to be a fishing village.
Ships are not found either.
Rather, isn't it a farm village?
It looks like a part of the mountain is used to grow plants.
Um.
What about the men of the sea?
Even though I looked forward to it, what are you going to do with this discouraged spider heart?

Oh, well.
For the time being, let's aim at that village.

I arrive near the village while encountering a huge crab on the way.
As expected, because it's impossible to enter like this, I go around the mountain and observe the state in the village.
Hmm.
Humans live like this, huh?
If I think about it, this is the first time for me to see human living.
A slightly fresh feeling.

The building of the village is made of wood.
Although the style is like a log cabin, it's a raised-floor-style.
Is it the tsunami measures?
There's no store-like thing.
This has the atmosphere of a remote village.

The people living there are Caucasian.
Well, it's a race close to the Caucasian in the Earth.
Besides, they are a little tanned to say as Caucasian.
The color of the hair is generally light brown.
Although it's a fantasy world, there's no one who has the showy color like red or blue.
Because all of the recent knights wore helmets, I don't know that part.

Only by appraising, there's no one strong.
Even the man who thought to be the strongest man in the village is less than 100 in status.
He stayed alive with such weakness well.
Well, I'm even weaker before.
But, leaving aside the status is low, how about it when there are no decent skills?
If it's a human, there should be knowledge to some extent, so isn't it strange that skills are not trained?

I guess it's not strange to that extent.
Skills are not needed if it's only to live in a remote village normally.
Although necessary skills are acquired, is it good if at least not dying?
In addition, if they have the time to train the skills,  then work.
When it's a poor village in the Earth, children are even made to work.
A hard life.

Hmm?
The villagers start to be restless.
Don't tell me that they noticed me?
It's strange.
"Tyrant" is turned off, and I should be difficult to be found because of "Stealth" and "Camouflage".
There's no one who's excellent in perception, so I shouldn't be found.

Well, although there's no way that I'm found, something might have happened.
It's troublesome if I'm found, so let's hide.

Incidentally, hunt monsters to fill my belly.



It's the night.
Everyone falls asleep.
What am I doing?
Stealing.

Fufufu.
I got the delicious things of this village.
Specifically, the fruits cultivated here.
As expected, the degree of difficulty to sneak into a private house and swipe the seasoning is high.
I sneak into the farm like this at midnight and hunt for fruits.

Crime?
I'm a monster after all.
I'm not concerned with human law.

《Skill proficiency reached. Acquired skill 『Snatch LV1』》

Yes.
The proof of the crime was carved here.
I'm sorry.

Ah.
What's this?
It becomes easier to steal things?
It's a skill with a strange effect.
It might be useful for a thief.
In the first place, I won't steal such things.
Eh?
The present situation?
It can't be helped because it's for sweet things.

I steal the fruits of the farm only a little so that it's not known, and I fled.
Villager 「Somehow, I have a terrible chill」

56 comments:

  1. A stealing spider, better hide my things from now on...
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that one sock you always lose in the dryer? Yeah, Kumoko lol

      Delete
    2. I just imagined Kumoko-chan sniffing my dirty socks... I've awakened to a new fetish, it seems.

      Delete
    3. LOL hahaha this comment xD

      Delete
  2. A cute note to end the day, thanks for translating, expecting some exciting stories tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hide your wife,hide your kids, hide your husband, hide your fruit, cause there be a spider stealing everything even if its nailed down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont hide your food. It's better for that thief to leave with something than for it to turn into a kidnapper~

      Delete
    2. What's with that place that you have both a wife and a husband to hide?

      Delete
    3. It's a reference to that Youtube video about the rapist. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and your husband too because they're rapin everybody.

      Delete
  4. imagining a spider ogling over a tanned muscled man with tank top....
    ....... mildly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a thing for older guys remember

      Delete
    2. still, she's a giant monster spider. One way or another, she looks "hungry"...

      Delete
    3. I find it funny how she has such an unusual taste in men. Really makes you wonder more of what she was like as a human

      Delete
    4. she did have a bald warior old man character in her previous life.
      reminds me i make loli character a lot.

      Delete
    5. Considering she was a teenager what she considers cool old man might be around age 30-40.

      Delete
    6. Not really disturbing lol, older men(30-45) is the best

      Delete
  5. probably they are restless because appraisal skill feel very unpleasant on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Discouraged spider heart MY ASS...
    Kumoko, you just destroyed my image of spider as a creepy and dangerous monster into a cute highschool girl... even tho she is a former high chool girl, its just... nevermind...

    This like reading Gokicha manga all over again...
    Thanks for the chapter ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe oh kumo.. Cute as usual :3

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks good that in that world don't have fisher village... because of water dragon paradise.... if not.... then that fisher village going to face disaster... especially muscular old mans of the sea....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. basicly if there are really have fisher village the villagers stat even surpass the hero with that kind of mob

      Delete
    2. yeah given what the level of power outside the Labyrinth seems to be the hero could maybe just barely handle one or two on his own. So a village of guys able to fish in a place like that would be at least half as good as the hero individually.

      Delete
    3. This village will exist somewhere, and at the end of this novel she's gonna find it and faint.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. kumoko had muscular old mans fetis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's scary, where the hell do you get an old man fetis lol leaving out the h is very dangerous

      Delete
    2. hey~ some uncle can be cool too you know?

      Delete
    3. That's not scary you know. Older men(30-45) is really great

      Delete
    4. This is scary and gross to imagine ble

      Delete
  11. Terrifying uber spider 'sneaks' into village
    Villagers intentionally fail their spot checks
    Terrifying uber spider steals fruit and sweet stuff
    Villagers sweat pellets while intentionally failing their spot checks, and hoping it goes away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee hee, it would be so funny if it was like that!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad Kumoko is showing more of her normal self lately. After Taboo hit 10 she got so bloodthirsty but now she seems to have settled a bit. She still plans to kill a lot of people because it's apparently needed to stabilize the world or something. But she's calm enough to where she doesn't plan to attack defenseless people or anything and she's acting a little more carefree again which is good.

    It's not good when a character changes too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr! I'm glad Kumo hasn't changed too much.
      On a different note, what's with the world stabilization? I don't remember that.

      Delete
  14. Kumoko your unfriendly neighborhood spider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great, I choked and spit my soda thanks to this!

      Delete
  15. Actually, "Snitch" might be a better word than "Snatch". Snatch implies by force, snitch/pilfer implies stealth. The US uses "snitch" as "informer" but the old word was actually "stealthy theft".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isnt a snitch the people who tell a superior if a colleague did something?

      Delete
  16. It can't be helped because it's for sweet things. :D

    Thanks for the chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "There's an Over S Ranked Monster here!"
    "What? How many died?"
    "None! I lost my life saving of mana fruits..."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol atleast leave some left over dragon for them to enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  19. She should of least trolled them. Cobweb their doors with thin webs or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe put sticky webs on their chairs O_o

      Delete
  20. So... a big-ass spider, that has killed dragons and spoken casually with god-like entities, steal fruit from a human village?

    If I ever needed a reminder why I read this, I just got it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe if Kumo-sama steals enough, she becomes ruler of greed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greed or Envy both can be get by stealing fufufufufufufu

      Delete
  22. Kumo-chan is confirmed to be an ojicon lololol

    ReplyDelete
  23. D must be rolling around in laughter

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Well, it's a race close to the Caucasian in the Earth.
    Besides, they are a little tanned to say as Caucasian.
    The color of the hair is generally light brown.
    Although it's a fantasy world, there's no one who has the showy color like red or blue."

    What are you talking about?
    Shlain's younger sister (the yandere), sue has blue hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shlain's family including him to be correct. Not that she met them.

      Delete
  25. YOU ARE NOT SAAFEEE!! HIDE YOUR TOESSSSSS

    ReplyDelete