Pages

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 153

Chapter 153.
Encountering Gyuriedis......Kuro for the second time.


153 Conversation with Kuro

It became dark before I reach the mountain because I advance while appraising every single thing in the surroundings.
Well, after all.
The appraisal result in the labyrinth is 「Wall of labyrinth」 or 「Floor of labyrinth」.
It's amazingly fresh that appraisal result of everything that I see is displayed properly.
If I intend to run, I can reach the mountain immediately, but when I appraise various things like the grass that grows around there instinctively, it took much longer than I thought.

I even appraise something like the weed in detail.
Among that, there was a thing that its flower becomes the material of medicine, but unfortunately, the flower didn't bloom.
It looks like it didn't bloom seasonally.
Well, however, I was surprised that there was a name properly in such grass that has no special use.
I thought that everything will show up as 「Weed」 because it's Appraisal-san, but the name is separated in detail.
Well, come to think of it, even if the weed is said in one word, it has various kinds after all.
To say that such thing is all the same weed is like saying that the pig and the wild boar are the same.

When I kept appraising the flowers while thinking about pointless things, it became dark.
Well, it's not travel to hurry.
Although I should actually raise my level quickly, because it's not something that can be done in one or two days, I should still have enough time even if I take it easy for a little.
Although it's certain that I will be cornered, the one who will be troubled is Gyurigyuri.
Well, seeing from Gyurigyuri, it might be his long-cherished ambition.
It's really a troublesome thing.

I have the feelings of wanting to move earlier if possible too.
But, when it's said whether the feelings are really my feelings or not, it's strange.
Because I receive influence in mind, my way of thinking now is a little different from before.
I don't think that it's bad though.
Even if my thought changes, it's unchanged that I am me.
However, the feelings of it's troublesome and the feelings of it's necessary to do it mixed and becomes a little complicated state of mind.

Moreover, in my case, the Ruler skills influence and the influence of eating Mother, both come at the same time.
Especially, the influence of eating Mother is huge.
Well, this was assumed when I have started eating it, so let's think that it's a necessary cost.

However, when the sun sets, it's really pitch-black all around.
Because I have "Night Vision", I don't have any problems, but when there's no light, it becomes this dark, huh?
I understand well how Japan where there's streetlight properly is bright.

Because I have been in the labyrinth all the time, this is the night that I experience for the first time in my life.
Somehow, I'm a little excited.
Should I sleep out in the open air today?
It's the precious first time outside, let's taste the outside night.
If it's inside the labyrinth, there was no day and night.

My base is still in the labyrinth.
I can return anytime with Transfer, so now, with the feeling of going out.
The real pleasure of the travel, a stay.

With such feeling, I prepare for camping.
I'm making a simple home with the thread.

And, when I'm doing so, Space Perception.
Something is transferring here.
Ah, crap.
I have seen this beautiful tremor of space once.

The man who appears crossing the space.
The armor that looks like it combined with the slim body.
The black that dyes the whole body.

The one who appeared is as expected, Administrator Gyuriedistodiez.

It's early.
I have not prepared mentally.
I mean, because I don't know the different world language, conversation is impossible.
In the first place, I can't talk.
Nothing nothing.
Seriously, what should I do?

I can't win if we fight.
As for escaping, it's useless if the opponent has Transfer.
Speaking frankly, the moment when this guy feels like it, my life ends.

Then, I have no choice but to prepare myself for the worst.

After Gyuriedistodiez stared at me silently for a while, he let out a big sigh.

『Can this be understood?』

Unexpectedly, I heard a voice that sounded in my head directly.
Like the voice of heaven.
Moreover, I hear it in Japanese properly.
I nod silently.

『I interfered with the translation function of the skill that D made. With this, my Telepathy will be heard as your language, and your words will also be heard as my language here』

I see.
Such thing can be done.
If I make use of it, can I translate it any time?

『By the way, I'm executing this function by force. Because it's not the function of the original skill, it's difficult for you to execute it』

Ah, is that so?
That's a regret.

『Well then, I will convey my matter that I came today. I want you to stop the actions that you said just now, and don't cause any troubles for the Humans from now on』

Muu.
Although it's better than being killed without questioning, as expected, you come to stop me.

『I have heard about your circumstances roughly from D. I will apologize obediently for involving you by the circumstances of the world here. I'm sorry. On top of that, I want you to not get involved any further about this world. I understand it well that it's an impudent wish. I also understand why you are raising such actions. And based on that, I came to request like this』

Oh dear, this person is a gentleman more than I imagined.
I mean, you're terribly poor.
Isn't this the feeling that I will be attack without questioning even if I decline?
Were you threatened by D?

『Could you give me an answer?』

Hmm.
When you come sincerely like this, it might be better for me to answer you properly.
Ah, because when the other party is D, my feelings were read, so it was quite easy, but it's been a long time to tell my words to another person with my own will.
I mean, isn't this the first time in my life?
I'm starting to get nervous now.

『I will refuse it』

After spending a lot of time and finally speak, Gyuriedistodiez became silent with a serious look.
My heart throbbed.
In various meanings.
I have a feeling that my life was shortened just by saying a word.

『No matter what?』

The pondered Gyuriedistodiez asked to make the last confirmation.
I return it with a nod.

『I see』

Gyuriedistodiez looks up at the sky.

『In the view of a person of a different world, does the thing that I'm doing looks funny?』

Gyuriedistodiez wrinkle up his eyebrows, and ask.
The face seems to cry, is exhausted, and is suffering, but it was a face of a man who resolved himself to still continue walking.

I can't answer the question.
Because it's other people's affairs.
However, I can say only this.

『You should do what you want to do』

After all, it's like that.
Move forward through the path that oneself believes in.
That's the only thing that can be done to the question that has no correct answer.

『I see. You're right』

Gyuriedistodiez muttered after looking surprised.

『Then, I will do what should be done by me. However, D has gave a warning to me about you. I won't harm you for a while. However, please remember. If the thing that you are doing has a conflicting end to me, I will stand in your way』

I'm sure of it.
But, if possible, I pray that it won't happen.

『I will leave at this much today. Farewell』

Like that, Gyuriedistodiez left with Transfer.

73 comments:

  1. "Moreover, in my case, the Ruler skills influence and the influence of eating Mother, both come at the same time.
    Especially, the influence of eating Mother is huge."

    What? She doesnt even have a battle with Queen Taratect yet, how can she eat "Mother"?
    Doesnt it mean "human"? Or "blood relatives"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ........Where are the parallel wills right now? And what are they doing?

      Delete
    2. Some spiders, when they hatch, have an instinct to eat their mother for sustenance after hatching...after all...they're born hungry. and their mother is weak after giving birth so it can't defend itself. It might be that instinct that became amplified with the influence of the ruler titles and after becoming the same rank as her mother.

      ...or she just wants to try eating her mother...either way...

      Delete
    3. Same here! I was wondering if I missed something lol?

      Delete
    4. every time I look at the comment section here's arnold jayeola with spoilers... i really should know better by now. It's really disappointing :(

      Delete
    5. Not really a spoiler.
      A little bit of thinking will lead you that possible conclusion.

      And what ryve16 said may be true too. After all she was born about a year and a half ago. Who knows if that instinct remains, or has surfaced after becoming the same rank as the her mother.

      Delete
    6. If you remember she mentioned starting to eat as past tense for the Arch when it actually showed.

      I think she ran into the Arch and Queen at some point and started using her Grudge ability and then ran. So she's still slowly draining them at a distance. It fits with what she said earlier anyway.

      Delete
    7. try rereading some of the recent chapters. You can see what's going on if you listen carefully to parts like D's conversation.

      Delete
    8. there's a lot of hint but no actual word about what her other will doing now.

      Author gave hint a lot. but never said to us before about freaking detail. until what they did will be finish

      Delete
    9. it was probably brother not mother and was just translated or written wrong

      Delete
    10. Hey call me slowpoke, but doesnt parallel will is just an ability and her personalities are inside her body. How the heck does they get out and "eat" the queen for example, according to a short para in previous chapter.

      There are two or three para seems to imply it, but the only way for it to be literal is that Kumoko can materialize her personalities and let them work outside of her body... Which is a big assumption for me to swallow.

      Delete
    11. Remember what D said in 149?

      『It's probably because of the way you've been using Parallel Will』

      『I'm saying this because you don't seem to realize it, but that's an attack outside of the system, you know?』

      『At the very least, I don't remember designing the skill to do something like that』

      Delete
    12. In that case, bad author~ If the grounds dont get set up properly beforehand, the introduced skill would be accused of deus ex machina~

      Delete
    13. Yeah, that's definitely how the Sloth kill seemed. The author continues to leave out details as the story goes along... This particular detail is explained later, but it does get a little frustrating.

      Delete
    14. she already turn Parallel Will off a long time a go....in a metaphorically way......i guess it's hard for normal reader to see that part

      Delete
    15. I think she has all the Parallel Wills inside the big-shot Taratects including her mother. When she first sees the Arch she mentions that she's eating him out from the inside. Another parallel will was keeping track of the movements of someone. Here she's eating the queen. She didn't want a new Arch to be born from the Greater Taratect maybe because she can't eat him out or she can't keep track of him.

      Delete
    16. When she fought with alaba dragon she said body, magic1 and magic2 were not with her as they were doing something else. And later D said that parallel wills were not supposed to be able to leave her... i guess that after realizing that they are connected with Mother they used that connection and invaded her from mental side "eating" her...?

      Delete
  2. When did she eat her mother aka Queen Taratect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its whatever the wills are doing

      Delete
    2. At one point she said, "My parallel wills have even become physically independent of me."

      Delete
    3. how'd she separate herself?

      Delete
  3. That would certainly explain where the Parallel Wills have been for the past few chapters. Wanting to fight certain opponents 1v1 is all well and good, but fighting something as big as her mother would almost require a group effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kumoko-chan... Please... Stop confusing me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting and still waiting for the author to clarify what all the wills are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gyuriedistodiez a Stalker.. Stop Harassing our Kumo chan!!

      Typo so deleted it :P

      Delete
  7. woah kumoko!
    "even if you might kill me, i'll still kill humans!"
    seriously, what the heck is taboo!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's a lot going on in her head lately...

      Delete
  8. Looks like Kumoko has changed a lot. Saying 'I want tasty food' would have been sufficient to Gyuriedistodiez. But idk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well slaughtering people would generally get in the way of the "tasty food" goals so...

      Delete
  9. Kumo-chan, good luck with the ocean!!!! I heard there are tons of dragons there.... XD

    Thanks so much for all your hard work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gyuriedistodiez
    gyuried is to die
    who the hell is gyuried??

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yeah.... i remember the parallel is left to keeps an eye on mother..... when she fighting Arc....this mean the parallel will wants to eat mother?

    ReplyDelete
  12. meatbun came for the meat~
    *sees mosaic ..stuff* ooh.. such artistic scenery~ ..makes meatbun hungry.. nomnomnom.. thank you for the meal~

    ReplyDelete
  13. People are saying the parallel wills went to go eat mother, but...

    chapter 151 says that Mother is still on the Bottom floor, and that she's still not ready for the bottom floor :|

    You can't tell me she killed Mother in-between chapters...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was said that the parallel wills don't have physical bodies. So she must be eating mother mentally. I think she's trying to take over mothers body, and install one of the parallel wills in there.

      If thats true then kumoko is probably both the demon lord and shiro. Hell, both of em are prolly bodies that are taken over, with the real body being somewhere else completely.

      Delete
    2. Would make sense since if the queen taratect the demon king(kumoko) unleashed on the fortress in the war is mother then it would make sense for her to have mother tamed and then using the summoning or whatever skill summon mother there to destroy it.

      Delete
    3. Everything will be revealed eventually!

      (Chap 166 in the raws.)

      Delete
    4. Everything will be revealed eventually!

      (Chap 166 in the raws.)

      Delete
    5. c166?
      then its 3 chap per day.. meaning within 5-7 days time.. if there's not much SS about others..

      sigh..

      Delete
  14. .... why would a battle with mother be skipped.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because no physical battle happen yet?

      kumochan know too much about mother's location. and at least one of her parallel will is on queen.

      Delete
  15. Who is Gyuriedistodiez? He doesnt seem like a bad guy
    .. what does he want?

    Wtf did taboo do???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is admin kuro/black

      Delete
    2. Yeah I mean he just doesnt seem like a bad guy.

      Delete
    3. That's because he's a nice guy(too nice) and the admins aren't bad guys.

      Delete
    4. it sounds like admins dont do bad things, and if they do it is for the sake of keeping balance of the world

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also reading about kumochans day is my days high point lately

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the chapter. This series is starting to become real serious haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously kumo so cute haha getting side tracked for almost an entire day. Appraising this and that all day long~

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm losing all ability to identify with this character.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So confusing...the author really is giving me a headache. The author needs to be more clear with her feelings...geez

    ReplyDelete
  24. This guy is awesome I need more of his or hers books

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can someone remind me what exactly Kumo-chan wants again. I think I've forgotten her objective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first objective? Survival
      The previous objective? Getting access to tasty food
      The current objective? Depopulate the entire world

      That sums it up the best.

      Delete
  26. She refused, caused thats her pride and selfishness talking

    ReplyDelete
  27. ARe there no illustrstions online 4 this?? if so plz post them up <3 Thank you 4 reading this comment

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's confusing to suddenly drop stuff like "Oh I've been eating mother" and also the whole thing with not explaining what Taboo actually revealed to her to make her kill the humans ,and also what the parallel wills are doing. It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  29. huh, quite an understanding gentleman, so much that it IS indeed a bit annoying? hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This needs an editor to make it not awkward for english readers, I felt weird reading this, like it's not completely translated and the way the text flows isn't proper.

    ReplyDelete