Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Chapter 146

Chapter 146.
For those who don't know yet, I have changed Charity > Mercy > Kindness.

146 I feel sick

Ah, this is irritating.
I'm irritated.
And all is because of that damn Dragon.
Even though I don't like the fact that it's a Dragon, that last attitude.
I'm irritated just by recalling it.

Why that guy has to put up a soldier air?
I'm irritated.
I'm angry to the extent that I can't become hungry.
Such a guy, I don't even want to eat.
Even if I eat it forcibly, my feelings will definitely become worse.
That's why, I erase that guy.

I'm also irritated with my halfway of dealing it.
Alaba might have wished to die by "Abyss Magic".
But, if I kill it with "Abyss Magic", I won't get any experience points.
Even though I worked hard to defeat it, it's painful that I won't get any reward.
I feel disgusted with such selfish thought.

Ah, I'm irritated.
When it's this intelligent, it's unpleasant.
It's a Dragon, so naturally, it should know about the structure of the world.
Alaba understands that, and wants to die.
Because it understands, it died.

Ah, that way of life is amazing.
But, try become the opponent's position here
Like this, it really a beheading.
I feel sick.

In order to distract my irritated feelings, I wander around the lower layer.
I vent my anger at the monster that catches my eyes.
And, my feelings recovered a little.

Let's return.
I carry the corpse of the monster that was teared into pieces back to home, and stress eating and sulk in bed.

Ah, before that, I must protect the corpse of the Arch with threads.
Because I leave it between the upper layer and middle layer, the monsters from both layer won't approach. In the first place, because the monsters need to break through my home before they can reach the Arch, it's impossible for them.
The middle layer is also the same. Because I go there frequently to raise my "Flame Resistance", most of the monsters don't approach that vicinity, so I think that there;s no need to worry.
But, after all, I can't calm down if I don't protect the prey that I killed with threads.

Thus, I transfer together with the monster's corpse that I killed moment ago to the place where I left the Arch.

There are humans at the transferred destination.

What?
Eh, where did these guys come from?
Don't tell me that they know that I will transfer here and they are going to ambush me!?

It doesn't seems like that.
After all, everyone is trembling and panicking.
Um, what are these guys?
Ah, their appearances looks like the knights recently, is it those people's comrades?

Although I don't know why those guys came, I wonder why did these guys come here.
If I kill them, the Administrator Gyuriedistodiez might come interfere.
That's troublesome.

Huh?
Come to think of it, how did these guys come here?
In order to come here, they must break through my home.
Wait a minute.
Somehow I have an unpleasant premonition.

"Clairvoyance" activate.
My, My Home, aaaaaaaaaaa!?

I-I-It's burningggg!?

O-O-Ooooou.
Nothing.
The My Home that I made with all of my efforts.
It has burnt black.
Damn!
Even if I endow it with "Flame Resistance", it's still weak to fire.

Dammit!
These guys, just when I'm irritated, what have you done to me!
Ah, enough already!
Who cares about Gyurigyuri!
I won't let these guys return alive!

It's convenient that the other side is motivated.
Aaah, preparing such things like swords.
If I speak of Japan, this is surely legitimate self-defense, right?
Isn't it fine if I just say that "they attacked me, so I attack them back"?
Gyurigyuri seems to be naive, so he might overlook it.

Now that it's decided, there's no need to hold back.
I will kill you all!

Total of 34 people.
Their status is higher than the recent knight group.
Average of 400.
There are those with higher status that are 500.

In addition, there are two people who are outstanding.
Judging from the appearances, a warrior type and a magician type.
Ah, but the soldier type guy has the "Summon" skill.
"Summon" is the higher rank skill of "Taming" that makes the monster to obey the user.
The monster that obeys the user can be summon from a long distance, and limited transfer can be used.
Because this guy has the "Cooperation" skill and the "Direction" skill, rather than a warrior, it might better to call him as a monster tamer or a summoner.

The magician type guy is just as it is.
The skills and status feel like a magician.
However, on top of having higher status than the other humans, his skills are quite enhanced.
Although he look like the middle-age before the elderly person, isn't he quite powerful different from his appearance?
If it's this middle-aged man, he can at least defeat the mantis in the lower layer.

Hmm?
What's this unpleasant feeling?
At the same time as the strange feeling, a change appears in my status.
Being appraised?
Such a message is displayed in the status suddenly.
When seeing it, even my skills blink in red.

Ah, this means I'm being appraised?
That means that this strange feeling that continues from a while ago is the feeling of being appraised?
Uwa, the worst.
What are you peeping at, you pervert.
Even the part that blinks in red is being appraised, so that means the level is quite high.

Hmm.
Ruler authority activate.
Appraisal refusal.

《The use of the Ruler authority is confirmed. The effect of the 『Appraisal』 skill is obstructed》

I didn't thought that I need to use the Ruler authority in such a place.
I don't want to use it as much as possible because it uses Divinity Area, but being seen is unpleasant.

And, the criminals are the summoner and the magician.
I will surely kill those two.
Well then, let's do the first human killing in my spider life.

39 comments:

  1. virtues/sins confirmed in novel
    Virtues
    忍耐 - Nintai - patience
    救恤 – Kyuujutsu – charity
    純潔 – Junketsu – chastity
    慈悲 – Jihi – kindness
    謙譲 – Kenjo – humility
    - Temperance ? (節制)
    - Diligence ? (勤勉)
    Sins
    傲慢 – Gōman - pride
    怠惰 – Taida - sloth
    色欲 – Shikiyoku - lust
    憤怒 – Fundo - wrath
    強欲 – Gōyoku - greed
    嫉妬 – Shitto - envy
    暴食 – Bōshoku – gluttony

    - the same as in ad bait's linked pages. for Joshua-san for reference

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Wisdom not count on the list too?

      Delete
    2. no, it's not. read previous chapter discussion.

      Delete
    3. wisdom is odd. In story, it was specially made and randomly thrown in by D. In real life, wisdom is considered part of chastity for some reason...

      Delete
    4. also, i noticed, seems that only kumoko can buy sins/virtues, all the other guys (shun and yugo) got them developing respected skills.

      dunno about sensei's ruler. she might have temperance or diligence....

      Delete
    5. it's obvious that Anger would turn into wrath alright and a massive boost in exchange of sanity? since she will go berserk

      Delete
    6. Why are you saying "confirmed" as though it just now became official. Anyone who knows of the seven deadly sins or the seven heavenly virtues would have recognized the long ago

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the chapters :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for the chapters !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kyaaaa first step towards world annihilation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do not disturb the sleeping dra--- err, i mean. do not burn the spider's home or you will receive her wrath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know, wasn't there a legend in japan about spiders holding grudges for those who destroy their webs...?

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the new chapter! Her taboo temper is back it seems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would like to see your reaction if i burn your house in front of you ^^
      No need of taboo skill in this case ^^

      Delete
    2. Actually, I meant at the beginning when talking about Alaba's death. Totally understandable when she sees her place burn down and it tips the scale for her anger.

      Delete
  7. Foolish humans will cry later asking why they are getting slaughtered. If only they not always start by killing and burning everything they don't know... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so funny, Kumoko's reaction to being Appraised...

    "What are you looking at? Peeper! Pervert!"

    Um, Kumoko, how many thousands of monsters have you Appraised so far? Not to mention you Appraised the guy who is Appraising you just a moment ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. otomegokoro fukuzatsu desu.....

      Delete
    2. ALL HAIL DOUBLE STANDARDS!

      Delete
    3. Funny thing is how can she appraised others so fast while the others can only apprise her so slowly? If I remembered, apprisal have nothing to do with speed

      Delete
    4. Doesn't she have Appraisal active constantly?

      Delete
    5. I think that is like when u buy a book: u have the informations but u have to read the content. She interupted the guy from reading these informations.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, sorry about the skill name, you know, changing it this over and over and all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the chapter Turb0!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the high rank magician, not the summoner but the other one who appraised her is Roland or whatever his name was. I think he manages to escape and that's why in the side chapter his apprentices where telling him not to say his story, because he admired Kumoko for having reached the extremities of magic. When he appraised her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the high rank magician, not the summoner but the other one who appraised her is Roland or whatever his name was. I think he manages to escape and that's why in the side chapter his apprentices where telling him not to say his story, because he admired Kumoko for having reached the extremities of magic. When he appraised her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So. He really did meet her back then. They all deserve to die for doing that to her

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I cant disagree/fault with Kumo here. They have burned her home and are preparing to engage her. She has a right to retaliate.

    These stupid humans have bitten more than they can chew. They provoked the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those dumbasses flipped Kumoko's anger switch. I mean damn... if I saw a giant spider web house, I would turn the other way around and bolt. Regardless if I'm with powerful mages or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially if I see the corpse of Earth Drakes and other Giant Spiders around... really what in the green Gaia would make me think 'Oh I can just beat the monster that kill and preserved those other powerfully large monsters with fire'?

      Delete
  17. ahhh, haha, author-san answered all my questions from the previous chapter in this one, also, yes, damn them, stop messing with spider's homes. XXXHolic told y'all what's going to happen if you do.

    ReplyDelete